Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// 7 1/8 1940s/50s Penney's Marathon Whippet Clone //SOLD//

Marked size 7 1/8 (US) Penney's Marathon hat. Commonly referred to as a "Whippet Clone". That is: wide edge binding. The felt is as you would expect of a Lee hat. (Apparently Lee made Marathon hats.) It was rather dented when i got it, but a bit of kettle steam and hand working of the felt got it into good shape. The buyer may wish to work it further. The hat is in used but generally nice condition. There are a couple of faint spots on the upperside of the brim at the back. There is a moth nip (shallow dent) on the crown. There is an unfortunate streak of discolouration to the front of the ribbon (can be seen in photos). Hence the low (steal) price.

Marked 7 1/8 and fits like a 7 1/8. Very loose on my 7 1/8 head. Unwearable in an underground station as the train comes in (the hat blows off). Edge is bound in wide grosgrain ribbon and measures 2 & 7/16". The crown at the sides measures 4 & 3/4" as currently bashed and tapers to the rear as can be seen in the photo. Ribbon measures 1 & 5/8". Interior measures 7 & 13/16" front to back x 6 & 9/16" side to side. Circumference around sweatband measures approximately 22 & 1/2". There can be no returns based on size or condition.

£25 for the hat. Shipping to the US around £10. I prefer a cheque from the UK. Other destinations Paypal is possible but a small fee will be charged to cover Paypal fees. PM with interest.

Penney%27sWhippet1.JPG

Penney%27sWhippet2.JPG

Penney%27sWhippet3.JPG

Penney%27sWhippet4.JPG

Penney%27sWhippet5.JPG

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy