Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// Late 1930s British tweed jacket Sz 36-37-38 (?) //SOLD//

A proper hacking jacket. Slanted pockets, no breast pocket, double rear vents. Wonderful tweed! I don't think I've ever seen more of a dead ringer for what the late 60s, early 1970s was aiming for in its "does 30s" period. This one is from the late 30s (probably).

Condition:

Left front, hole near bottom
Right shoulder, small hole

As might be expected, the complexity of the weave means these defects aren't very visible and do not detract from the wearability of the jacket.

Measurements

Chest: 20.5"
Arm: 22.5" + approx 3.5" to lengthen
Length: 29.5"
Shoulders: 18", very padded

£45 for the jacket. PM with interest. Pip has first dibs on this one. Other interested folks will be added to the list behind Pip.

HoundstoothHarris1.jpg

HoundstoothHarris2.jpg

HoundstoothHarris3.jpg

HoundstoothHarris4.jpg

bk

Last edited:
Don't worry, Pip's had dibs on this for months. I just put it up here just in case it was too small for him.

I've got two others listed in about the same size - look onto Classifieds page 2 - but the 40s heather one is also sold (I haven't closed it 'cause I don't quite know which party is going to buy it but it's definitely sold).

The 1954 dated one is still available.

bk

Chrome

One of the Regulars
I feel your pain Baron, I'm too size 36 and mostly everything I find is too big. At least pants are plentiful with even room for waist growth :)

My reason why I took a pass on that jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace