Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD! UNION MADE IN THE USA: GORGEOUS Harris Tweed in "Lavendar" Basketweave. c. 38S.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
This is absolutely wonderful! A "lavendar" Harris tweed isn't actually made from lavendar coloured yarns, but, rather, presents as having a beautiful lavender-grey colouring as a result of the colourings of the yarns that make up the weave, in this case a medley of burnished chestnut, dark blue, slate blue-grey, and tan. Lavendar Harris tweeds are among my favorites, and are very rare indeed--this is only the third I've come across in many years! My pictures don't do this jacket justice at all!

However, what does do this jacket justice are its cut and construction! Cut as a contemporary two-button jacket this is subtly darted and has a single centre vent. It is half-canvassed and half-lined, and features a full complement of leather-covered metal-shanked "football" buttons in burnished chestnut. This jacket was Union Made in the USA for Lord & Taylor, and is in excellent condition, apart from some fading to the Union tag inside the interior pocket.

Asking just $45, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA!

Measurements:

Chest: 20
Sleeve: 23 1/2(+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 17 1/2
Length: 29

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany