Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some fine looking jackets just released by Bill Kelso

Maybe...with the buttons.
I'm not really a Buco/ Perfecto style guy. At least not since my G-n-R days.
Would the length be in the 26.5-27" range? might be nice as a mid-length.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Ian as soon as I posted that I hopped over and saw Platon's thread on the VLJF.

This really is a cool design (and rare), though I gotta disagree with Handymike on the length. To me this would be too reminiscent of "Shaft" if it was a mid-length. I say standard at waistline cut- but then again I like double rider jackets. :D

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
BK is currently working to produce a fine looking period biker jacket in cape skin with either butttoned or zipped options (thread originally posted on VLJF).

99383496_o_1_00.jpg

So is this pic a sample, or the vintage piece they are trying to reproduce? (I reckon it is the former).....

A very tidy design - I look forward to seeing production samples - and I agree with Breton - needs to be short:D;)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Too flamboyant for my taste but I understand BK are going to do a traditional half-belt. That I'd like to see. Be good to have more makers in this style.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The pocket configuration is killer. An internal d pocket, with the cigarette pocket positioned at the chest, plus two hand warmers equals niiice....

Is it just me or could the lapels use a bit of taming down?

Hip-length.
So, Baron- would 26"- 27" in length be out of the realm of acceptable for this kind of jacket?

BTW- I thought that Ron Regan one was pretty sweet!

Well, it depends how long your body is. 26-27" on me would be far too long for that style of jacket, but if you're 6 feet, it might be right. The belt on the one above should be on the natural waist or just above (on most people this will fall just about the belly button). The area below the halfbelt tends to extend the jacket to approximately the level of the point of the hip bones.

Hip-length.
So, Baron- would 26"- 27" in length be out of the realm of acceptable for this kind of jacket?

BTW- I thought that Ron Regan one was pretty sweet!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Is it just me, or is the pocket construction on that jacket a little unusual? It's as if it's been 'built'[huh] I like it though, nice shape and colour.

majormajor

One Too Many
Is it just me, or is the pocket construction on that jacket a little unusual? It's as if it's been 'built'[huh] I like it though, nice shape and colour.

Which one are you referring to, Craig?

This one:

srlr.jpg

or this one:

em63.jpg

I like the top one, and agree that the second one looks a bit like a "design by committee" job:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou