Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someday they're gonna put me in the movies . . .

Wild Root

Gone Home
I like that photo! You're Ford has a real good stock look to it! I love how it's black and just as it would have been seen in the late 20's.

I do also like the green 41 Plymouth I see back there! As you know, I'm a big time Plymouth fan.

Any way, keep them rolling!

Root.

up196

A-List Customer
For your viewing pleasure . . .

. . . the 1941 Plymouth. By the way, on the other side of that green hill behind it is the Mississippi River. That's the levee, ant the water level in the river is actually higher that the ground the car is parked on.

mvc002s5jo.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, that old Mississippi is just crazy that way. Thank goodness for that levee!

OK, I'm going to try and guess what the maroon car next to it is... I'm guessing it's a 1941-48 Ford. Then again, it also could be a Mercury. Well, I'm I close? What is that cool two door coupe?

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
HA! I knew it!!! I was right about it being a Ford. The funny thing is that Ford like Chrysler products had the same body style after the war till 48 as they did before the war! So, the 41-42 Ford bodies were the same till 1948. Same with Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth. The way you can tell the difference of a 46 from a 47-48 Ford is that the 46 had parking lights above the grill. The 47-48 originally didn't have parking lights. I see on the photo you posted some one added turn signals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails