Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone is Getting a New Goodwear...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
You guys are even more impatient than me :p I actually went out to go take the pics so here they are.
The first one I did manage to smile in :D
4PTbkc3.jpg

uSmVfxX.jpg

hOhixZr.jpg

0hPtYmp.jpg

wSrF1gg.jpg

OvaGL7h.jpg

It fits perfectly as expected. I still cannot get over how lucky I was.
I thought it would be years before I got a JC masterpiece, but this is exactly what I would have ordered.
His sleeve fix was perfect and they actually are the best length out of any of my jackets, which is nice.
It's definitely Christmas today :D :D

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful jacket but jezz its trim when its done up. I've had jackets that trim through the waist before and they all moved on. Tight through the waist, even if you are slim waisted isnt comfortable imo

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words @Superfluous and @handymike ! :)

@ProteinNerd it is a little trim in the waist, but I have another 25 pounds that I need to lose. I've lost 10 recently and after the next 25, it should fit perfectly. I need the motivation :p
Even if it's still a little snug, I don't mind. I have had to zip up a leather jacket 1 time in the past 3 years of wearing them. If it's actually cold, I wear my Freewheelers peacoat.

@Benj is right. I have no need to zip it and if I need to, I can and still can move quite freely due to how well it fits in the shoulders and chest.

ProteinNerd

@ProteinNerd it is a little trim in the waist, but I have another 25 pounds that I need to lose. I've lost 10 recently and after the next 25, it should fit perfectly. I need the motivation :p
Even if it's still a little snug, I don't mind. I have had to zip up a leather jacket 1 time in the past 3 years of wearing them. If it's actually cold, I wear my Freewheelers peacoat.

25 pounds! Where the hell are you hiding that lol

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
John does make a great jacket, and this one is no exception. Like @ProteinNerd my first impression was the fit looks great unzipped but really tight everywhere when zipped. If you lose a few pounds the jacket should have an optimal fit but appears very tight in the lower torso and waist when zipped.

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous jacket dude! The thing that strikes me the most is the collar. This is how a dress collar on a leather jacket should be done. I'd like one even a bit wider but this looks really,really good to me.
I think it does look a bit too tight in back when zipped (not the front tho) but the super trim nature of the fit makes it more rock and roll to me. The lengths couldn't be better. Forget zipping it up. Wear a vest under if the weather requires it at least until you shed the lbs. And not 25 either. You'll vanish if you do that.
Gorgeous leather and the color is just amazing.
I'm leaving before I add another sale page bookmark to my already over worked browser.
Excellent jacket dude!

red devil

Losing 25 pounds which is 11.33981 kg... (yep I looked it up) seems really excessive. That being said, with such a jacket, I have no doubt you will get where you want to be :D

My GW fits like that to right now. Also lost 10/25 needed to get the fit back.
Gets tougher. And I never zip either so.... Sans a recent morning in Offally, Ireland ;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My GW fits like that to right now. Also lost 10/25 needed to get the fit back.
Gets tougher. And I never zip either so.... Sans a recent morning in Offally, Ireland ;)
We were in Ireland a year ago. A wonderful destination; the Republic of Ireland sparkles like a rare jewel!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I am inspired by the cooler weather and beautiful Imperial posted here. Amazing work by John. I liked his new Hercules too. Hope that shows up here.

Mine is a 46 purchased second hand. John's 46 is my 44. I don't know what color he calls this. It does smell great.

TUqJvPqmpmMMQ7zN3ZStlfRWnbXYsHYh6MogDksFcRnBUHREa6ViE6hmk-41jn7-PuRRtCT9v2xYpK-zRZRwc_Wkrp3W9Zs-dXt2qO7z2i9YFjnE29o2W-YwbBVqQQbXIZRbFjcme92d64rACDQLVlHR9iifiEhQDTZdzHWSwvT0V22ejfpGL4FyH-DFgwnrD3r_BpzyGpLJeixEm18iNfZqya1VdBUYmtrDiwEJLk0RrQ-MCTc4x6wjeksbVDavFrtQYRqhA4WF41eeLxekqXRbyMlBJLc_OVlRBU_qCqrh5LLk4HB0WYKcTm7Y9bVExyMG3K0i2coSzkfzd8NnjbBBHf-oGwU1gvbKhOcvihHxDWp-JIImCDi5gzxOVd4jGLGaTxMCqVUORqjOOD65kdgxNTOsRzZTwrRECnC6BzwfR-UgjIK4-gjK46px5aG6J2YynSkzCwjmeZiEzUaLbog5L0-9-U9zR8Er9RrS9rs3MUgUiWO42GsuGFwEti7dlqB_NJ4fdDQUWJrp3nECafImDaPyUAWnFwC_ypICfQfev6sr8ozLzJcBDMRez0MAp9h6lNjcLC6F1Y2TNCeaiFPOD1hUmz_ViWsCJG5xgZt5FWBhfLlHdA=w968-h643-no
STFChaVJRaD1O4mbi8Akto1Ik0M1HXVjK4vSl5IeUQSRnzmH8Kn5qvAL9a_sdvAS78in29bnQmQUCIe0bgWUXFwZy_bzejiIAO5PfmaN0F1m7316SBnOl_-2587-43A7TdiXniVosMYPAN3o_AW-OZ3hIRS6anvLPYuf3-uYGfoHR9tqageKA9OzEabZQswYIQDLpSS9RT-8biZz5eBp0gZfd1mW4i5hJQrC575zQCGnKryjJp4omRqJHPDDBgwB_YFWklilZ1JK3X9LI-hzG2zMishFCPq4QN7OnV0mpWPGK9XxKdOw4dOyJvR_Ipl2ZxwRet_HsDmvvMAGc-nzgh9zJPv3VmJyGdrFZ9MOFiMHqQGR_IhpN9SXFCDlDJz7y0UeTEyPi1Lv4AdI476ytd181bJmDhCzdRSzGf0qLPZVeroKg6Ey_1ZcOv3pnT4yTkBQcbRZ6PBifCtRyENcCW4mR1paxo7qdTVNW4ceYBVO81Gxj0g6jpCoL5SGS9rrEJxldm3PN85xuBuuMffqA94-zmbheIQjX24F6WlOToEylpue3-e3rrpeKA_gTrnEd9AjDpXVVqnY72prvuKSCxzoB3W6aYIl1lTY5RIG-2tlVxJCz4uinaelQg=w968-h643-no
sDNVhtHBTgdVq0WWEPlouoOui7pKnnpM-qWfnASwBT5L9yx3H7yjjngjvhpP-Ui-retGIFHAagSrN_p7llV9FN7qjsZTvZ2N1Sj7EVL5D9JDg2qbRPVHEFOk_huLFiIyfPNUSLUrQkqlHZykvoCDhPhmUMtFchgw_Z-yiCelNGNkPJ_GczxZDwhDzHQYwRtKz2HYKp6ymFDL40Z-W6f2tHJFnKdA09yyyq1bmzYQ95Vt9Q8Fdk4sQpNHaDfDUV8aMQPNMTTTjsK18lkcMauMiKHgu4k-MyxRYpxnwDQEfFTn7dJDojMpMKCpUCO1Utu6RhjoeZpLv7Bc_epje62snQC5aI3mEUZWdFLxxTtyQ4prXdiarwu4afI_Oj1pPX_iINSDlB4FLP1fXxFChStfrSJg-XTbFCT9sNhY6A1cE1QbZpGpnZg-S1JcJAriUXmhUPhVdggdeV-pmOq74VKab3Kc36d1G5VxS3Cmz2pssfCkkbyRAPFkhtBiMGswayDoBWcHCO41c56pqC_Ygyw0NJ025LZUC7HcNlDH3FBswuUSN5OxWsI6Xpf5Th4uwRTROBcJ_b2JUcbDFofes8_8OvKwrUVpnbsXpiA0_fkhzNEs1fDTMyg7ZCnJGA=w968-h643-no

A-1

One Too Many
Oh Dude, this one is just wow! You are a lucky man and the smile photo is superb!
By the way, I think that the fit will settle with some wear.
Congrats to you! You wear it well, so wear it often and wear it hard!

El Marro

Dude, this is a beautiful jacket and a superb fit as well. I admire your emphasis on quality over quantity when it comes to leather jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot