Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone is Getting a New Goodwear...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I wonder who it could be... ;)

Here are the pics so people don't have to scroll all the way to page 3.

The first one I did manage to smile in :D
4PTbkc3.jpg

uSmVfxX.jpg

hOhixZr.jpg

0hPtYmp.jpg

wSrF1gg.jpg

OvaGL7h.jpg

It fits perfectly as expected. I still cannot get over how lucky I was.
I thought it would be years before I got a JC masterpiece, but this is exactly what I would have ordered.
His sleeve fix was perfect and they actually are the best length out of any of my jackets, which is nice.
It's definitely Christmas today :D :D

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@BobJ haha that's true, but also me :p

I snagged the size 40 Ventura he had in the sale page. It is exactly and I mean EXACTLY the same as my custom-sized Grizzly from Himel with the exception of the arms. John is being kind enough to trim the arms down to my specs and I will have the jacket by Friday. Getting a jacket from him was a huge bucket list item and my luck could not have been better.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think maybe @dudewuttheheck is alluding to John's size 40 Californian Imperial rather than a Ventura. Below is the URL to John's sales page:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale.html

This is the one that I got.

@Superfluous Thanks! It's Christmas in August!

@Americanaaa Mark Good luck! I hope you get it. I made sure to give John a call to make sure of everything. He was a true gentleman and wonderful to talk to. I am sure he will help you out.
Don't be worried if he takes a little bit of time to answer the email, though.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That's a stellar jacket dude. I'm not a flight jacket guy so JC's stuff is kind of off my grid but the man does make one helluva tasty half belt. Looking forward to seeing it.
That was why I was so happy to see the Imperial in my size. I already have an A2 and I'm not the kind of guy who wants multiple contracts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21