Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
The best answers I got were from johnny the reason I am asking for more is because he offered info but only if you called him (seems like a sales pitch more and info help) why not post it to help future readers of this forum if that is the reason for this forum is to help people find the right hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...because it is his information and he can disseminate it (or not) however he wants to

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
...because it is his information and he can disseminate it (or not) however he wants to

Then what’s the point of said I know and not informing seems counter productive like a teacher knowing something and not teaching students

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Then what’s the point of said I know and not informing seems counter productive like a teacher knowing something and not teaching students

I guess because he is not a teacher. He is a member just like you and I with an interest in hats.

You might want to reread this thread. The tone of the thread changed just before he became less forthcoming with information.

But as I said before you already have a lot of good information. Unless you are expecting one of us to actually go and buy the had for you it's time for you to take the information you have been given and make your own informed decision.

Reactions: RBH

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I have it on good authority that the hats on the show are actually CGI. The top of Mr. Spader's head was disfigured in a freak accident involving a soft serve machine.

He doesn't talk about it.

Lol yeah I believe it was a freak helicopter accident

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I guess because he is not a teacher. He is a member just like you and I with an interest in hats.

You might want to reread this thread. The tone of the thread changed just before he became less forthcoming with information.

But as I said before you already have a lot of good information. Unless you are expecting one of us to actually go and buy the had for you it's time for you to take the information you have been given and make your own informed decision.

He changed the tone I was just being the messenger telling him info I hat got from Bencraft , Borsalino and jj hat center and he went off attacking all the sources of the info even though I said it was a different type of hat

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We can all re-read how we got to this point. The Conversation deteriorated. The tone turned sour and I can't blame anyone for backing out and not responding anymore. To the point a Bartender has already stepped in to support Mr Penman decisions. Let us all take a deep breath and move on with our day.

My recommendations still stands. Have a look at some nice Akubras or the offerings on e-bay. Thin ribbon with 2" ish brim. I have a old Robert hall hat that looks similar form back in the 90's. Crown tapered some from rain, but very close.

In an effort to being the conversation back to Reddington. Anyone have any opinions on Reds hot weather straw hats?

Johnny

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
We can all re-read how we got to this point. The Conversation deteriorated. The tone turned sour and I can't blame anyone for backing out and not responding anymore. To the point a Bartender has already stepped in to support Mr Penman decisions. Let us all take a deep breath and move on with our day.

My recommendations still stands. Have a look at some nice Akubras or the offerings on e-bay. Thin ribbon with 2" ish brim. I have a old Robert hall hat that looks similar form back in the 90's. Crown tapered some from rain, but very close.
Nice one Johnny

+1 for Akubra. Hampton, Stylemaster or Fedora/Sydney may work here.

In an effort to being the conversation back to Reddington. Anyone have any opinions on Reds hot weather straw hats?

Johnny

I'm personally not a fan of a straw hat and a suit. For me a suit works with a felt hat...but that's just me

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars

Johnny

Forgive and moving of
That was my next question before things got heated and out of hand
Yes on to his straw hats I love them personally the one he wares when he meets Berlin on the pier is awesome season 2 episode 2 I think it’s a Stetson but hard trying to find the model online if anyone knows what it is
d98586f15136c6f20ec9dec6fe89fff9.jpg
d340b30f1a35a95c02f20e3f22433e8d.jpg

he had on in season 5 that is really nice too season 5 episode 6 when he is playing put put
a857695983f00cc3ff918b26eda23a28.jpg
7a8672b3b2cdb40c842c0fe2ae7ebb77.jpg
1edb7ecaec35c805bdb7030713bfeccd.jpg

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Nice one Johnny

+1 for Akubra. Hampton, Stylemaster or Fedora/Sydney may work here.

I'm personally not a fan of a straw hat and a suit. For me a suit works with a felt hat...but that's just me

I can understand that but Spader pulls it off I think
a0f799f1d97cf4a3a57aac1981aaa16f.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The best answers I got were from johnny the reason I am asking for more is because he offered info but only if you called him (seems like a sales pitch more and info help) why not post it to help future readers of this forum if that is the reason for this forum is to help people find the right hat

Johnny?? haha

You make a lot of assumptions.

I have spoken to John many times on the phone, and the last thing he does is put pressure on anyone to buy a hat from him. In fact, he is a pleasure to talk with.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Johnny?? haha

You make a lot of assumptions.

I have spoken to John many times on the phone, and the last thing he does is put pressure on anyone to buy a hat from him. In fact, he is a pleasure to talk with.

Sorry I wrote that wrong Johnny helped me the other guy felt like a sales pitch.
Johnny was incredibly helpful and patient and no pressure I’m glad he help me out

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I honestly don't think Stetson offers a hat with that high a weave count. That looks like an Optimo. And if you thought Penman was expensive, don't even visit the Optimo site.

Re: Akubra, something tells me that the same guy who wants John Penman to put a Borso logo on one of his customs is not the same guy who wants a "close enough" Akubra.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I honestly don't think Stetson offers a hat with that high a weave count. That looks like an Optimo. And if you thought Penman was expensive, don't even visit the Optimo site.

Got it thanks I read an interview with Spader that it was Stetson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran