Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spam

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No thank you no thank you

OMG ... I am not going near the stuff*yucky*

10.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
In Chile, a Chinese version of Spam filled the supermarkets' (otherwise bare) shelves during Salvador Allende's difficult presidency (1970-'73). With little meat available in the cities, people ate this Chinese spam as a cheap substitute. They called it "chancho chino" ("Chinese piggy").

Chileans got so sick and tired of the stuff, they wholeheartedly abandoned it after Allende was overthrown in a military coup. To this day, Chileans refuse to eat Spam again, even the American version.

No wonder he was overthrown.lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Why in Australia, I saw turkey Spam... is such a product sold in the US? I confess to being curious about the wonders of Spam, but I do not eat pork. [huh]

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I saw a program on the food channel on Spam.It's made of pork shoulder,that's it,nothing weird added,I'm glad I've been eating it all my life,I think it's great,my wife won't even try it.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Whenever the wife leaves town on a trip its fried spam and eggs for breakfast. Can't have it in the house when she is home.:p
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24