Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cookie, I believe the specs you link are made simply by 'Freeman' not 'Hickey-
Freeman'. I have seen HF labeled shoes, I think, but they're primarily a clothing company that would have been selling rebadged shoes made by someone else. I believe Freeman was a real shoe company.

rygd

New in Town
The wife has said that she likes spectators, and that I should get some (which is also permission for more warm weather suits and a nice panama, if you ask me). Where does it seem you get the best combination of comfort and durability? Anyone have anything bad to say about AE?

rygd

New in Town
That is good. I have seen much higher prices, so I am not too scared of it, will keep looking though. How much wear have you given them, and do they seem like they will last?

cookie

I'll Lock Up

jucabala

New in Town
Otabo Spectators for a fraction of the price.

Hi,
I got hold of several otabo sample shoes, many spectators wingtips, captoes and penny loafers, in several different sizes. If any of you out there are interested please email me (digoloureiro@gmail.com) your sizes and I'll send you a list of the available shoes.
I acquired about 500 pairs and really need to move them quickly.

Thanks

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Two tone wing tips

I am looking for two tone (black/white,brown/white)wing tip dress shoes.As well as spats for these shoes.

Marty M.

Vendor
Spats.

You can find Spats at www.spatterdash.com For a great Spectator Wingtip check out the "Broadstreet" by Allen Edmonds. I don't think that I've ever seen Spats worn over a pair of Spectators.
Welcome to the Lounge.
Marty Mathis

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_4648.jpg

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Botany 500 Spectators

Hey folks.

What with Spring a few months away I figured it was time to start considering some spectators. Even an eccentric like me shouldn't wear spats in the warmer months.
I got to looking at some of the brands out there. There's not a spectator thread here that doesn't mention Allen Edmonds. I love Allen Edmonds, they're just too expensive for me right now.
Brutini and Stacy Adams seem more like costume pieces, not quality shoes, and I've heard they break down easily. One thread even mentioned that Stacy Adams paints the leather color on.
No thanks.
All things considered, Blair.com offers a respectable wingtip from Botany 500 in both brown/white and black/white, and they don't appear to have that plastic texture.

Some say they like their Botanys, others say they don't.

Those of you who own a pair, jump in and tell us what you think of these spectators, the good, the bad, anything you want.

Marty M.

Vendor
Just do it.

Hi Spatterdash,
It's really hard to beat the Allen Edmonds. They have a new spectator out for spring. I'm all over it. I'll post a picture as soon as we get them here at the shop. I know that they're more expensive, but they last so much longer. Think how low your cost per wear will be ;) .
By the way, I owe you a PM. Sorry.
Marty Mathis

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I've never been certain exactly what Spectators are, but if these Allen Edmonds qualify...

ae1blwd.jpg

...they're currently priced at 25% off for a few different sizes at Zappos.com.

Staredge

One of the Regulars
I'm in the same boat 'dash. I want a pair so bad it's pitiful. The Edmonds are beautiful, and the brown/white ones are on sale at their website for $225 (I think...quoting from memory) but they don't have the wide sizes. I've looked at the Botany ads as well. I know you get what you pay for, but one can hope that you get a couple of seasons out of them before they go bad. (Tax seasons coming up, if you're in the US :D )

Anybody else???

Will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara