Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
Here, more specifically. They seem to sell out fast, when they are in stock. I just got lucky one day. ^_^ They also have some similar full-leather brogues that I my aim for next.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I saw these leather and canvas specs in the window at Cole Haan today.

colehaan1.jpg

colehaan2.jpg

colehaan3.jpg

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
AE in downtown DC - Strawfut on display

Also, I spoke with the people at Allen Edmonds about the "Spectator". The guys didn't even know what I was talking about.

Were you at the store on Connecticut Avenue, just north of K Street? I was there yesterday and spotted a pair of Strawfut (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...0001_-1?categoryId=109902&top_category=120552) wingtip spectators with the contrasting part of the upper in beige linen, the instep, toe and heel in brown leather.

I'd like to buy a pair of those, and I might if I had any idea how to polish the leather without staining the linen (please, no one say "very carefully", I worked out that much on my own).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What's worse, not hearing from Gene for weeks on end or not seeing the great stuff he finds......

Richard Warren

Practically Family
That's funny. I've always found Tomasso to be pretty nice, and to say what he has to say in an extremely tactful way (all things considered).

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
I have already searched for a long time but are there some sites within EU where I could get a pair of spectators in brown and white, preferably in brogue style and for under 140$/85£/100€?

There was one Italian site earlier in this thread but I don't know about that...

Edit: Yes, I am a little bit like Scrooge.

Edit 2: Checked again the Italian site and they were in the 100€ price class, had to raise the bar (or lower?), my bad!

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I have already searched for a long time but are there some sites within EU where I could get a pair of spectators in brown and white, preferably in brogue style and for under 100$/60£/70€?

There was one Italian site earlier in this thread but I don't know about that...

Edit: Yes, I am a little bit like Scrooge.

No disrespect intended, but any shoe you can buy new for less than $100 isn't worth buying.

Esquire

New in Town
Thanks. I have been in touch with a guy in England who has access to many of the Clapp shoes. Some in very good shape. Just a little expensive right now. Aldens used to gear up and make the Footjoy wingtips, but only if you order at least ten pair. We would get them through Dan Bros, in Baltimore, but Dan died and the store was sold. Can't get the deals anymore. Oh well. I will just take better care of what I have. Thanks for your reply.

Esquire

New in Town
check www.mezlanshoes.com they'll cost you about $325.00 but really nice brown/beige, black/white, brown/white.

Also, I saw some at AE a while back. Don't know if they are still being manufacture or maybe it was just a time period promotion.

Everyone seems to like the spectator that was made for the American Olympic team a few years back. If enough people write the company, they may bring them back.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
check www.mezlanshoes.com they'll cost you about $325.00 but really nice brown/beige, black/white, brown/white.

Also, I saw some at AE a while back. Don't know if they are still being manufacture or maybe it was just a time period promotion.

Everyone seems to like the spectator that was made for the American Olympic team a few years back. If enough people write the company, they may bring them back.

They were made by Allan Edmonds to a higher spec using traditional buckskin/suede and issued under the name of Henry Grethel which was a big time fashionista name in the 90s from memory. I scored a pair in my size but they were defective and I sent them back.

Thanks. I have been in touch with a guy in England who has access to many of the Clapp shoes. Some in very good shape. Just a little expensive right now. Aldens used to gear up and make the Footjoy wingtips, but only if you order at least ten pair. We would get them through Dan Bros, in Baltimore, but Dan died and the store was sold. Can't get the deals anymore. Oh well. I will just take better care of what I have. Thanks for your reply.

What is you Clapp size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21