Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
ChazVanEyck said:
I have tried my hardest to locate a pair of shoes like these. I've searched high and low. I even searched for months on here with no luck. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think I may have nicked this photo from eBay once.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ChazVanEyck/IMG_5678122008.jpg

Shoot, if you are in LA and want some kind of largish spectators, check out Remix. They look like that but even cooler in my opinion.

http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index3.html

Anyone know how these hold up? Considering the source, i imagine they are decent quality.

I wonder why he doesn't make a more 30s style cap toe or anything like that?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
3bb1_1.JPG

Are these a bit too caddish? they had them in Red Also

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
I asked Paul about that once. He replied that his customers saw wingtips as more "bada**" than cap-toes.

I suppose a big part of his market is actually LA style people, who would like the bigger lug and wing tip style, as well as the latino Rock and Roll crowd, for lack of a better description, who are more fifties than forties, but not rockabilly.

I like them, and can appreciate the large double stitched lug, and they are a cool look. But not very authentic as far as any shoe of the past looking like that. I may get a pair sometime.

I imagine if he is making shoes anyway, though, and selling worldwide, he would find some demand for a nice buck or off white body with a nice brown or black cap toe.

Didn't he used to do the light leather in a slightly off white or tan?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Paul's biggest markets for his men's shoes are Europe, New Zealand/Australia and Asia. The double-lug sole is aimed at the Japanese market.

For his women's shoes, the market is much wider. He told me that a young lady in Vietnam ordered several pairs. She's forming a swing dance club in Ho Chi Minh City.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Another pair for myself I finished today with a wood pegged heel there are no nails and a fiberglass shank for airports.
babyblue2.jpg
[/IMG]
babyblue1.jpg
[/IMG]

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
I have not found any mesh that would work. When I have tried to explain what I need to fabric supliers you can hear their eyes glaze over on the phone. Any sugestions would be great.
Tom

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Mesh treatment to vamp....50s style

All the 50s mesh nylon shoes (I have two pairs) were made by the same company with badging for all the firms that sold them like Florsheims. I think it was a company called O'Sullivans who made them. They are fantastic in summer as they act like a bellows sucking in cool air as the foot moves up and down.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
I would prefer perforated leather over plastic mesh.

My husband has a gorgeous pair of Allen Edmonds that are leather wingtips with the upper (inside the wingtip cut) being natural canvas. They are stunning. I always want him to find another pair because he can wear them three seasons here, though perforated leather would be sweet too. Here they are

:
hancock8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot