Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Heaven know, I'm certainly no slave to convention, however, colour generaly falls into two categories "Warm" & "Cool" look at this pair of shoes, and imagine the design on the teacup, as a design on a Tie, see how the "warm" Orange, and Tan tones complement the brown of the shoe?, a Black and white pair of shoes would demand a completely different teacup,.....um..... (and tie)"

3424226380_776bf43b03.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Heaven know, I'm certainly no slave to convention, however, colour generaly falls into two categories "Warm" & "Cool" look at this pair of shoes, and imagine the design on the teacup, as a design on a Tie, see how the "warm" Orange, and Tan tones complement the brown of the shoe?, a Black and white pair of shoes would demand a completely different teacup,.....um..... (and tie)"

Hmmm...guess I am going to have to take a teacup with me next time I buy shoes.

Does the teacup work only with spectators or will it work with other shoe styles for instance what should one use when purchasing brogues or a formal shoe?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cookie said:
Alfred Sargent for Peal & Co.:Could not resist a pair from the BB sale
The BB Peal clearance sale has got to be the best deal out there for quality footwear.

Levallois

Practically Family
I went through this thread and there was some talk about soft colors vs warm colors in terms of what spectators should be worn but I'm not quite getting it. This matching thing is hard even with all the terrific examples in scanned books at the beginning of the Suits section and all the advice on the forum.

So, here are some questions - what do you match the shoes to? the pants, the jacket, the tie? Could you wear the brown/white variety with light grey pants and medium-dark grey sports coat? Would something else like the tie, pocket square and/or hat need to have brown in it? What about dark blue pants with dark brown sport coat - black and white or brown and white spectators? When would only black and white be appropriate - with black slacks? Thank you all for your advice and patience.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot