Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spiewak & Sons

Havana

One of the Regulars
Hi, I recently saw a couple of great looking, new G-1's at a local Army Surplus store. They appeared to be made to military specs and definitley had a nice military snug fit. The tag was labeled Spiewak and Sons. I believe they were out of New York. Is anyone familiar with this manufacturer? I did quick web search and couldn't find much.

jake431

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
The company actually made contract A-2s during WW2-

B
T

Yep - and they make pretty high quality repros for the Japanese market. But not exactly like their WW2 issue ones which is too bad - same company, still family owned - they have the patterns, but they won't make them from the patterns because people are different now, which is too bad cause the best fitting original A-2 I've ever worn was a Spiewak.

-Jake

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Occasionally Kaufmann's Army Navy on 42nd Street will have a few of the Spiewak-Japan items. The B-10 and B-15a are not too shabby and were priced reasonably at around $150-$175, but they aren't in the same league as McCoy's or Rickson's.

jake431

Practically Family
MudInYerEye said:
Occasionally Kaufmann's Army Navy on 42nd Street will have a few of the Spiewak-Japan items. The B-10 and B-15a are not too shabby and were priced reasonably at around $150-$175, but they aren't in the same league as McCoy's or Rickson's.

I really wanted one of their B-15A's to kick around in, but when I contacted Spiewak they said they weren't available.

-Jake

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
spiewak and sons...here's one to look at

i found a spiewak and sons, probably 70s-90s military spec reissue. nice pix:

http://casablancawatch.com/watches/under500view.asp?wid=230

seems they were indeed u.s. world war 2 contractors, but do not seem to make a-2s anymore as i googled them and could find no a-2s in their catalog. anyone know where to find these japanese spiewak a-2s online? i'd like one

johnnyjohnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24