Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staff changes at Aero Leather

pauleway

Practically Family
I have an order in with Aero and when I heard Amanda was no longer there, got a little nervous. I e-mailed Holly and she responded quickly and told me they were sorting things out and would get back to me about my jacket. I have dealt with companies that did not respond even when things were running smoothly, much less with a lot of changes going on. I appreciate Aero's good customer service and confident they will be as good, or better than they have been with their products, workmanship, and service to their customers!

Edward

Bartender
True, but it'll be a frosty day in hell before I let go of my 40gb iPod :D

Heh. My 160GB iPod Classic is the only Apple product I'll deign to own. It wasn't stupidly over-priced, and for what it is, it meets all my needs. I'd rather have a non-Apple alternative, but it was the best option for me at the time I bought to the extent it would have been silly for me to refuse to buy just because I dislike the company so intensely (different if that was for ethical reasons).

majormajor

One Too Many
Heh. My 160GB iPod Classic is the only Apple product I'll deign to own. It wasn't stupidly over-priced, and for what it is, it meets all my needs. I'd rather have a non-Apple alternative, but it was the best option for me at the time I bought to the extent it would have been silly for me to refuse to buy just because I dislike the company so intensely (different if that was for ethical reasons).

I think we are now attempting to see just how far we can get this thread completely OFF TOPIC:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have an order in with Aero and when I heard Amanda was no longer there, got a little nervous. I e-mailed Holly and she responded quickly and told me they were sorting things out and would get back to me about my jacket. I have dealt with companies that did not respond even when things were running smoothly, much less with a lot of changes going on. I appreciate Aero's good customer service and confident they will be as good, or better than they have been with their products, workmanship, and service to their customers!

+1 with what is said above. My jacket order was placed in early July. However, Holly responded to my inquiry in a very reasonable period of time and thoroughly addressed all of concerns. We agreed that the primary focus should not be to rush the order but make sure that what I ordered was done correctly. At this point I feel confident that the Aero staff is doing everything possible attack the situation head on and feel strongly that Aero deserves our support throughout the process.

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
Man you've got that right. I just picked up a new US Authentic G8 to replace, or should I say, go with an old A2 type jacket that my wife won't be seen with me in. She says its too old and beat-up looking. It is totally functional and has that classic distressed look to it. You could say that she really doesn't get it. But you know, it was an excellent excuse to pick up a new jacket with no recourse

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Aero have my full support, and I'm gonna hold off ordering another jacket until next year. Hopefully that will help in one tiny way to ease the pressure on the company right now.

Let's hope that no-one else is as 'kind' as you or there'll be no orders in the books, they'll go under and you'll never see a jacket from them and nor will anyone else .............

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
No reason not to place an order. Just might take awhile but maybe not as long as one might think.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
You're right. Not placing orders at all anymore to help them cope with the demand might be regarded as uber-considerate (if that word exists in English...).:)

majormajor

One Too Many
No reason not to place an order. Just might take awhile but maybe not as long as one might think.

They have a SIX MONTH backlog. So I should send 'em an order now, and they'll get round to it in six months? Yeah right.....Perfect sense

The company are working 7 days a week to clear the backlog. Anyone with an ounce of empathy is gonna let them spend their time, at least until the end of the year, doing that.

But no doubt someone will feel the need to demand answers to a dozen emails re a new order, and then get peeved because they don't answer quick enough. Que Sera Sera:D

majormajor

One Too Many
I would like to know more about where Will and Amanda have gone. It would be a shame to see them disappear after all the years I have known them.

As I mentioned t'other day, John, I think they might just appear under another name that we have all heard of - hopefully soon:D

jacketquest

Familiar Face
I have always received excellent service from Aero over the years and a long time ago I was lucky enough to deal directly with Ken on a number of jackets, new and restored vintage ones. I haven't ordered a new Aero in a while but if I could deal with Ken again I certainly would.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have always received excellent service from Aero over the years and a long time ago I was lucky enough to deal directly with Ken on a number of jackets, new and restored vintage ones. I haven't ordered a new Aero in a while but if I could deal with Ken again I certainly would.
I don't think you'd have any other option! :D

robrinay

One Too Many
Reference ordering a new jacket

Well although I'm no expert on industry it seems blindingly obvious that any manufacturing enterprise needs a full order book to survive, plan for the future etc. etc. so any talk of helping them by not placing orders seems to be quite illogical. If you want and need an Aero jacket (don't we all?), then surely the best way of supporting Aero is to give them a full order book and just be patient.

majormajor

One Too Many
Well although I'm no expert on industry it seems blindingly obvious that any manufacturing enterprise needs a full order book to survive, plan for the future etc. etc. so any talk of helping them by not placing orders seems to be quite illogical. If you want and need an Aero jacket (don't we all?), then surely the best way of supporting Aero is to give them a full order book and just be patient.

As I said. Anybody with an ounce of empathy.....or not.

One of Holly's main current tasks (as she has mentioned on here) is wading through a mountain of unassigned emails, and sorting out the issues therein. As part of that process, they have discovered that they have an order bank lasting six months, rather than the three months that they were previously quoting. They have now instigated 7 day working and the hiring of extra staff, in order to get on top of this workload. This must inevitably involve extra financial strain on the business.

So the only thing that is "blindingly obvious" is the fact that they are having difficulty in: A) dealing with a mountain of emails,B) dealing with a mountain of orders, and C) that extra production is costing them money.

So I guess you are right. If you think the best thing is to send them MORE emails and MORE orders right now, you are definitely NO expert on industry.:eusa_doh: There are many instances of small businesses failing, due to an inability to cope with TOO MUCH business

In my original statement on this, I said I would delay my order until the "New Year". Seeing as that is only 6 weeks away, I really don't think Aero will be too worried about not getting the order earlier.:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran