Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staff changes at Aero Leather

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Sorry, but I think this is plain nonsense.:eusa_doh: Small companies who tried to cope with high demand at all costs can get into trouble, yes, but I fail to see the mechanism bringing a company in rough waters simply through high demand. Extra production is not only costing money, it also earns money, and it is only a temporary solution. An order-book full of new orders for, say, 6 - 9 months is also a nice thing to show the bank once you need money from them, new line of credit, the works. It was never ever bad to have business, when you know how to deal with it.;)
Nobody forces Aeroleather into 7-day-weeks forever, what they do is getting to the bottom of the mess, as they put it, that was left for them to deal with. That has nothing to do with new orders. I'm quite sure customers placing new orders will get a delivery-time of 6 month, and this will be adjusted in the future. Holly definitly gave me the impression that she knows what she does and she's committed to get things sorted out.
So, don't be patronizing. Order new jackets!:D

majormajor

One Too Many
Order new jackets!:D

As I said- AGAIN - empathy - or the complete lack of it.

Yeah, do the selfish thing. Get your orders in. In fact, send Holly an email every week, just to see how they are getting on. And when she doesn't reply quick enough, you can have a selfish little moan on here, can't you?

Each to his own:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

robrinay

One Too Many
Just a couple of points, firstly I used the words 'be patient' and this does not imply sending a barrage of emails, secondly I understand that the majority of customers order standard designs or just a few mods such as extra length on sleeves and back and so no need for lots of emails, thirdly trust Aero to manage their orders and lastly none of my posts should be taken personally they are designed to stimulate discussion that's all.

majormajor

One Too Many
Just a couple of points, firstly I used the words 'be patient' and this does not imply sending a barrage of emails, secondly I understand that the majority of customers order standard designs or just a few mods such as extra length on sleeves and back and so no need for lots of emails, thirdly trust Aero to manage their orders and lastly none of my posts should be taken personally they are designed to stimulate discussion that's all.

That's cool, my friend. Most folks will, I am sure, be sensible. But there will always be a few self-important individuals who demand weekly updates (or worse, change their order every few weeks), and right now, with a healthy 6 month order book under their belt, I feel the best thing I can do is leave Aero to get on top of that.

Selfish folks WILL disagree. That's their perogative:D:D

Last edited:
Thank you, we really are doing all we can. For those of you who have been down to the factory, you've probably seen the mess the place has been left in, but we're in the process of sorting things out. Putting hundreds of emails which have never been properly processed onto the order system is taking a lot of time, but will help reduce problems in the future - again heavily customised items is slowing this process down too.

We'll get there, it'll take us a couple of weeks for things to calm down a bit, but then it'll be plain sailing from here on in (I hope!!).

Thanks for your understanding everyone, we always knew our customers were special :)

Why is everyone arguing about ordering..or not ordering. I don't see Holly requesting anyone to 'hold off'..or to 'hurry up and order' either. However..It sure does look like they are trying to get things re-organized on top of what seems to always be a Christmas rush time of year as well. Aero is adding another trainee after the holiday..so do what you feel YOU should do(and when). Simple as that.
HD

majormajor

One Too Many
Why is everyone arguing about ordering..or not ordering.

Hi HD. Beats me.

All I said was that I was not gonna place an order till after the Christmas rush, because the good folks up there are working seven days a week to try to get on top of things. Holly told me, face to face when I was up there, that she was "up to her eyes" in emails. And since then, they have discovered that they have three months of extra orders to fulfil, on top of the three months they thought they had. So sending a new order before Christmas seemed fairly pointless, and will simply clog up the emails even more.

So I took a decision. Just for me. Not for anyone else.

But some folks like to call others idiots. It is a forum, after all. Que Sera Sera:D:D:D

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
majormajor, you should be known as Mahatma from now on. You really bring me into the festive mood for Christmas. Thank you for enlighten me old sinner!

BTW: Emails don't clog. They are more or less without substance... ;)

majormajor

One Too Many
You are very welcome DT.
Emails don't clog? I guess you don't get many, then? Or just not many that need an answer. Lucky you.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Well I'm not here to argue but we do have RIDICULOUS amounts of emails to get through. Of course I will help answer people, but they do need to take into account for detailed mails it takes some time, and pretty often discussion about sizing and modifications before I can get back to people. So I appreciate what majormajor is saying, perhaps a few weeks leeway before getting into any more very detailed orders would help my sanity a little bit. At the moment I'm working til midnight every night on emails, and then back in the factory at 8am the next day. That said, of course we are not discouraging anyone from placing an order, but it is advisable to get the order correct BEFORE finalising the order. Having to go back in and make constant changes is where we risk problems arising due to the temporary system we've had to put into place before we really get things nailed down.

Thanks for your concern! :)

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Well I'm not here to argue but we do have RIDICULOUS amounts of emails to get through. Of course I will help answer people, but they do need to take into account for detailed mails it takes some time, and pretty often discussion about sizing and modifications before I can get back to people. So I appreciate what majormajor is saying, perhaps a few weeks leeway before getting into any more very detailed orders would help my sanity a little bit. At the moment I'm working til midnight every night on emails, and then back in the factory at 8am the next day. That said, of course we are not discouraging anyone from placing an order, but it is advisable to get the order correct BEFORE finalising the order. Having to go back in and make constant changes is where we risk problems arising due to the temporary system we've had to put into place before we really get things nailed down.

Thanks for your concern! :)

You're supposed to be taking the weekend off, relaxing with friends! Turn off your computer/iPad/phone!!!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think that part of the problem is that we feed off one another on this forum, and then some of us, myself included, then attempt to make changes to an already existing order based on what what we have read from the experience of others. I have come to the gradual realization that maybe simpler is better and that perhaps placing uncomplicated orders is truly best, making few, in any, modifications from the original design, keeping in mind "it was never (Aero's) intention to offer 'Custom Made' jackets much beyond a choice of lining, colour of zippers and basic size amendments such as an 1" or 2" off the length or added to the length of the sleeve or body to fit taller or shorter customers ..."

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
I think that part of the problem is that we feed off one another on this forum, and then some of us, myself included, then attempt to make changes to an already existing order based on what what we have read from the experience of others. I have come to the gradual realization that maybe simpler is better and that perhaps placing uncomplicated orders is truly best, making few, in any, modifications from the original design, keeping in mind "it was never (Aero's) intention to offer 'Custom Made' jackets much beyond a choice of lining, colour of zippers and basic size amendments such as an 1" or 2" off the length or added to the length of the sleeve or body to fit taller or shorter customers ..."

I agree 100%!

Drax

New in Town
Hi everybody

Have just joined this wonderful forum as I am an Aero fan & the advice/opinions on here are second to none.

I'm lucky to own an Anniversary Highwayman in Very Heavy Steerhide(327/500) which is a mix of smooth & heavy grained leather which I adore. However, I've just been on the website & have seen this beauty. (Very very tempted to get the plastic out.)

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1136

I love the heavy graining of the leather & it's in brown which will age magnificently. The only way of improving this jacket would be if Aero made a Highwayman in Kudu.

Now THAT would be something to behold!:)

Drax

New in Town
After having read through this thread-may I make a comment(as viewed from a fresh pair of eyes)

IMHO If you want an Aero jacket -(arguably the finest/toughest in the world) then surely a 6 month wait to have one individually hand made only adds to the Kudos of owning one?

For what it's worth - I wouldn't part with my Aero leather for ANYTHING! It's an absolutely magnificent piece of clothing that is unique to you-the individual!!That's what I love about them, the fact that although there are 100's/1000's of my jacket(Highwayman) -I know that mine is completely different to anyone elses! Surely that's worth waiting for?

I dealt with Amanda at the time-who was nothing but courteous etc -& I cannot for the life of me think that Holly & co. will be any different. In my opinion & experience with dealing with Aero I have nothing but praise so stop being negative about them all you folk out there!

Buy one & join the waiting list for one of the finest products in the World!:cool:

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Another unneccesary extra is the leather strip along the hem, which has no useful purpose whatsoever on any jacket where the side buckles are set above the leather strip. These are no longer available at any price except possibly on the Highwayman or one of the few other jackets with side adjusters low on the jacket. Anyone wanting a strip to protect the lining will be offered a traditional 1930’s/50’s style 6” corduroy strip for no extra charge. This does everything a leather strip does without costing us or the customer a single penny extra and will not spoil the lines of any style.

Does that mean I can not get the leather strip below the hem of my new LHB or Teamsters?
Then I get a problem with the lining. Since the lining go after 2 years always broken at my

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy