Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starin' and dreamin'

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Here in sunny N Texas the temperatures have dropped from 103 F to 99 F but supposedly creeping back up to triple digits again by next week. Should turn cooler here by Christmas. :D

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Here in Central Virginia, we've already had several days with highs only in the low 70s and upper 60s. I've already worn my goat Sunburst to the office several times. Strange weather for August, but I love it.

I tell my coworkers I'm old and cold and that high blood pressure pills will do it to you.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sadly I have the opposite issue, I'm trying to get as much wear out of my jackets before it starts getting too hot...

t-ray

New in Town
Setting off on Monday for Portland Oregon, then Northern California for a two week road trip with the missus and dog. Been trying to convince myself that it will be chilly enough to warrant taking the new-to-me Aero half belt in FQHH with me.

I think y'all just convinced me, thanks Loungers !!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely brother! Soon I'll be lining up the short-sleeved gab shirts and Alohas ready for the heat.

Me too. Won't be long and I'll be complaining about it being too hot. Might just have to take a trip to visit the in-laws in Norway. Well it's a good excuse to break out the jackets ;)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great idea Smithy! It's like some great biological principle in reverse: ducks fly south for the winter, and Antipodean guys with cool leather jackets fly north for the summer! :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
In truth Wes, I'm an autumn/winter guy. Give me a mountain over a beach most days - but that might be the Kiwi in me ;)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
August is almost done, the days are gettin' shorter... the nights cooler. Found myself in front of the hallway mirror, jackets, coats, hat's and caps scattered all around me. Aeros, Authentics, GoodWears, Schotts, "no names'... all tried on and assessed. This jacket with this Stetson, that Biltmore.. or that tweed cap, or this beret.... Starin' and dreamin' ..... any of you folks done this or doing this?

Worf

Worf... Post up a few pics of the ensembles and we will all help with the assessments....:)

Brando11

A-List Customer
Nah I got 3 jackets out being modded, 2 caps and 2 hats incoming. When I'm done I'll do the hats and caps first, jackets last.

Worf

I'm looking at all my stuff thinking, "Haven't worn this Harley jacket in 20 years, haven't worn this Grais leather trenchcoat in 35 years, hardly wear this blue VS hat w/the black cherry ribbon..."

Might be time for a sale-

Stand By

One Too Many
Found myself in front of the hallway mirror, j..... any of you folks done this or doing this?

Worf

Absolutely, Worf.
For a long time in my single days, I had a long mirror by the front door so that I could have a last check of my look before I left the apartment and say to myself "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall: do I look like a twat in this?".
Even then I could (sometimes) stop myself from wearing my favourite khaki aviator cargo pants with my A2. Cargo pants: great. A2: great. But together? Well, even I could admit then that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing ....

These days I just have the girlfriend as the acid test - who rolls her eyes.

...These days I just have the girlfriend as the acid test - who rolls her eyes.
We were at a party this weekend for my wife's Bday. She was talking to one of her girlfriends who said something like "I was on this denim site and I swear a guy there must be Scott - would he do that?"Wife says: "Are you kidding, he's totally g*y! Of course it's him!". It was. It was the Gustin site and she saw my posts. Man, I'm labeled for life now lol

nick123

I'll Lock Up
We were at a party this weekend for my wife's Bday. She was talking to one of her girlfriends who said something like "I was on this denim site and I swear a guy there must be Scott - would he do that?"Wife says: "Are you kidding, he's totally g*y! Of course it's him!". It was. It was the Gustin site and she saw my posts. Man, I'm labeled for life now lol

Hahahahaha!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, that Gustin site's a bit more 'mainstream' than around here. You even get people there who have never kvetched over whether or not to have leather-lined cuffs fitted on their jacket, can you believe it? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner