Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starin' and dreamin'

Worf

I'll Lock Up
August is almost done, the days are gettin' shorter... the nights cooler. Found myself in front of the hallway mirror, jackets, coats, hat's and caps scattered all around me. Aeros, Authentics, GoodWears, Schotts, "no names'... all tried on and assessed. This jacket with this Stetson, that Biltmore.. or that tweed cap, or this beret.... Starin' and dreamin' ..... any of you folks done this or doing this?

Worf

kaiser

A-List Customer
August is almost done, the days are gettin' shorter... the nights cooler. Found myself in front of the hallway mirror, jackets, coats, hat's and caps scattered all around me. Aeros, Authentics, GoodWears, Schotts, "no names'... all tried on and assessed. This jacket with this Stetson, that Biltmore.. or that tweed cap, or this beret.... Starin' and dreamin' ..... any of you folks done this or doing this?

Worf
I did just that on Thursday when I came home from work. My Wife just looked at me and said you are hopeless.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Weather certainly beginning to turn. Pulled the LHB out of the wardrobe last week and gave it a good look over and a bit of a dust off - it still has that lovely leather smell - and I've been chatting to Ken about the final design for my multi-panel Irvin. Yup, autumn is on its way.

This week I did. Hollywood Bowl season, and that means in spite of 95°+ here in the day, the nights there are cool enough for a jacket. However, I have fewer jackets now than any time in the last five years. I actually prefer this. Jackets used to not get worn enough and it took 20 mins to decide. Now, it's quick, and I end up with only jackets I love. Happy to have a smaller barn now.

wdw

One Too Many
Happy to say I've been wearing leather all week. Sloan, you're obviously based in the tropical part of the country if you've just been sitting looking at it. :) Move 40 miles east and get your kit on.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Speakin' of dreaming, I find myself happiest when I take a nap wearing a jacket. Perfect temperature for sleep!

technovox

One Too Many
Ah yes...fall is when the weather starts to warm up around here. Until then, every day has been constant wind and fog here along the SF coast - perfect chilly weather for breaking in my new Aero Half-belt :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Happy to say I've been wearing leather all week. Sloan, you're obviously based in the tropical part of the country if you've just been sitting looking at it. :) Move 40 miles east and get your kit on.
It's been A-2 weather around our way of late! At least, until today, when I threw on my Dustbowl to head into Edinburgh. A jacket for every mood...

wdw

One Too Many
I threw on my Dustbowl to head into Edinburgh.

Don't suppose you saw the kilted three-machete juggler doing a striptease whilst balancing on top of a 10 foot ladder in the Royal Mile? There was the biggest ever street crowd watching him, absolutely hundreds. :eeek::eusa_clap

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Don't suppose you saw the kilted three-machete juggler doing a striptease whilst balancing on top of a 10 foot ladder in the Royal Mile? There was the biggest ever street crowd watching him, absolutely hundreds. :eeek::eusa_clap

I'm not surprised. If he'd fallen it would've been catastrophic! Mind you, machetes? I'd have expected live chainsaws for maximum drama!:D

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Yes, I do confess it.

Back when riding a motorcycle I always wore a leather jacket - no matter how hot it was. On one hot day I had my sleeve zips open and a bee flew up my arm. Good think I'm not allergic!

John

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Over where I am it's still 36 centigrade during daytime and 90% humidity to boot....sitting in my rooftop office right now at 5:20 AM (insomniac) and it's still 27 centigrade outside. Will be end of october before I even think of wearing a leather jacket. But then I purchased them having European weather in mind and most of my jackets are over there. Arrrrgh, the tribulations of living in 2 locations.

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
Yeah but it's better'n a whole lot of OTHER obsessions a man can get into!

Worf

Right? Just the other day, my wife came home and found me posing in front of the mirror, with all of the different style combinations lined up on the bed and dressers, and said "What are you doing...

...with my dresses?"

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Here in Seattle, the days are warm, but the nights and early morning are pure Fall. Flannel shirt and HB weather is coming! I can't wait! I hear you, Worf! Kaiser, our wives did not marry us for our sanity, but, because we are so ever-loving adorable. It's how we survive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183