Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars And Their Cars

Unfortunately this is the closest I'll ever come to owning a '37 Cord. :(
lol

hot%20wheels%20redline%20cord%20magenta.jpg

classiccordmag.jpg

And this version in of itself is highly prized by collectors. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely amazing car the Cord!!!!!:D:eusa_clap

"Cord's magnetic draw upon the celebrity world was obvious. Movie stars and public figures galore owned them" :D

Mr Cecil B deMille
80090649.jpg

A photograph of Amelia Earhart, posing with her Lockheed Electra (the aircraft she flew to her fate), and her Cord Sportsman roadster

earhart7.jpg

Norwegian Olympic figure-skating champion, and Hollywood star Sonja Henie, posing with her 810
sonjaheny.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Am I beating a :deadhorse with the Cord ???

Anyway.... The TOPPER Car, 1937 was a thread started in 2005 by Marc Chevalier ... (yes, let's face it, everything that is worth posting has already been post [huh] that's how it is ladies and gents), and here are some new pictures ( new? I hopelol) of that car.

The Topper/Cord car is based on a Buick, that's what the experts say!;) search me.
carygrantconstancebennettinthe37mov.jpg

840.jpg

Last edited:

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Porsche-356-Speedster-05.jpg

I like Jimmy Dean's Porsche 356 Speedster. This is not the car he died in but he did use it for racing. I read that he had a stationwagon as his every day car.
1-8_Porsche_356A__Speedster_Diamond_Cars_05.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
This is not the car he died in but he did use it for racing. I read that he had a stationwagon as his every day car.

I’ve seen at least one picture of him getting out of a ‘55 Chevy sedan. But I do seem to recall reading that a famous hot rodder (just whom escapes me right now - Gene Winfield, maybe?) was following him to the track the day he died, and he may have been driving a wagon.

-Dave

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
More new photos!

Silent film star Anita Page
AUTOAnitaPage.jpg

Bing Crosby giving rides around the studio lot in his 39 Olds coupe convertible
AutoBingCrosby39OldsCoupeConvertible.jpg

This time he opts to get around via motorcycle
AUTOGableHarley.jpg

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Weren't hood ornaments a fashion during the 20's & 30's? I don't think they indicated the make of the vehicle. I know Lalique manufactured glass hood ornaments & I've seen Disney hood ornaments (of Mickey Mouse) valued on Antiques Roadshow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy