Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Q1 2015 Jackets 5 of 5 - Alexanders GRIZZLY (42") Horween Steer and Black Mouton

Plumbline

One Too Many
My final .... "I had been after one of these for a while" ... the original inspiration was this jacket :

Rin P36.jpg

from Rin Tanaka's book. The plan was to produce a "replica" .. as it turns out I didn't like some of the features e.g. the pocket rivets and some of the features I wanted didn't look right e.g. Highwayman collar. Thanks to AL for their patience and for the numerous changes and adjustments his is what I came up with and they produced it in the flesh.

Changes from their std. design include:

Mouton Front, Back and collar face
Tartan lining ( Strome weight weathered Gordon )
Cord lining in the pockets and 3" trim round the lining bottom
Non-tapered belt
Double lipped pockets
Riri no.8 zip
No storm cuffs

again I LOVE it .... and it's AMAZING how much attention it gets .... not a bike jacket more of a posing around jacket and unbelievably warm.

With regards to fit .. while I appreciate the view on her (as always) I DONT NEED FIT ADVICE .. I know what I like and I know what fits me .... this fits me and I like it :D

Any way on the basis that a picture paints a thousand words .. I thought you guys would like to see it

Grizzly 1.jpg Grizzly 1a.jpg Grizzly 1b.jpg Grizzly 1c.jpg Grizzly 2.jpg Grizzly 3.jpg Grizzly 4.jpg Grizzly 5.jpg Grizzly 6.jpg Grizzly 7.jpg Grizzly 8.jpg Grizzly 9.jpg

This I wouldn't know how to pull of, myself. It does look impressively cool on you! And I know you didn't ask, but if I may just add that this jacket fits you insanely good.

I really appreciate you taking time to post these! Grizzly is rarely seen in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner