Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Start 'em Young

Flyboy

New in Town
Here's lookin' at you, kid.

LookinAtYou.jpg

(Larger at http://www.barefootclown.net/gallery/d/334-1/lookin+at+You.png)

Hat is a Stetson Sovereign, Mode Edge that I wear most days. I scored it on eBay a few years ago for about forty bucks. I don't have a date on it, but there are a couple pieces of paper inside the sweat that have the original owner's name and address, so I could probably trace it if I wanted to.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Children have the advantage that a lot of vintage hats will fit them, since people had smaller head sizes then. I know a vintage clothing shop where almost all the hats are smaller than size seven, perfect for young hat wearers.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Not sure that this pic shows, but this is my daughter at around 3 months old:

hats.jpg

I'm wearing my old DP fur felt and my daughter is wearing my even older DP wool felt (shame on me for having owned it).

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
greatestescaper said:
My sister, sporting a stetson I got from a friend who found it in his mom's attic and my great grandfather's army issue shirt which is from the 50's.

I wish I had friends who found Stetsons in their attic and gave them to me.

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
I love the hat. When I got it, it was crushed and smelled of hundreds of old cigarettes. I took it to JJ Hat Center on 5th Ave in Manhattan. For 10 minutes of waiting and 5 bucks for a new ribbon, they reshaped it and cleaned it. That was before I found the lounge. I think the hat is about 30 years old. Or at least close to it. Unfortunately or fortunately, not sure which yet, it is my sisters favorite. I will have to dig out my old Disney Indy hat for her for now.

yoonie

Familiar Face
I think most of these hats need a good soaking. A few weeks should tighten up that fit!

thecoolmiester

New in Town
cool pics, maybe I'll post a pic of my brother in my PB Indy hat.

btw how can you find good fedoras on eBay?
i search every now and then but have no luck. [huh]

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a gift.....

thecoolmiester said:
cool pics, maybe I'll post a pic of my brother in my PB Indy hat.

btw how can you find good fedoras on eBay?
i search every now and then but have no luck. [huh]
....and a trade secret around these parts. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner