Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 1940: "The Nonchalance is Blocked In"

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
This is wild...

1940StetsonAd.jpg

text.jpg

The Stetson "Slant" -- "in line with the trend toward carefully studied casualness." You gotta love it!!! OK -- which Lounger is going to be the first to step up to the plate with the "Slant"? :D

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That is crazy.:fing28: :fing28:
It reminds me of the pre-soiled cowboy hats. "Carefully studied casualness" is now my favorite, and most obscure, oxymoron.

Feraud

Bartender
It's a total poseur job!
This is like buying punk rock clothing at Bloomingdale's or sitting at home with scissors trying to make your jeans look like Joey Ramone. :rolleyes:
Selling cool to the uncool.

Thanks for posting this JTL. For anyone who thinks everyone had style back in the day, this affirms that companies were selling the look. The more things change..

:)

Stoney

Practically Family
You know, I often crease my hats in an asymmetrical manner to make them look a little more casually done, but this is a ridiculous crease if I ever saw one.
I liken this attempt at cool to Feraud's observation about the Ramone Jeans via scissors. Geesh!

Now what would really be funny is seeing three fellas at the bus stop with the same stupid hat.lol lol lol lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Stoney said:
You know, I often crease my hats in an asymmetrical manner to make them look a little more casually done, but this is a ridiculous crease if I ever saw one.

I always thought that a hand-made crease could at times look better than a "mainstream produced crease". It just adds so much more character to the hat. The crown bash certainly gives a hat its personality.

Thanks for posting that ad. Its a unique one at that.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I've looked at a lot of hats and have a weakness for Stetsons but this is a new 'angle' for sure. I wonder if there was a brief test market period after which this product was not seriously pursued. If any of these actually made it out the door of a retailer, it would probably be a pretty rare piece now.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I know that when I want to go "nonchalant," the first thing I reach for is my ascot...:D What, me casual? Who knew? lol

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran