Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Fashion Collection 1940s Stratoliner Fur Felt Fedora Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duper

Practically Family
Maybe this has already been discussed here but I just noticed it today and the web page has todays date on it so I thought it might be news to some at least. The crown makes me think of the Chatham. Another thin, ribbon bound edge option for those so inclined.

http://www.thefedorastore.com/Stets...0s-Stratoliner-Fur-F-p/221061-stratoliner.htm

Stetson Fashion Collection 1940s Stratoliner Fur Felt Fedora Hat. 2-1/2 inch brim. 4 ligne grosgrain ribbon, bound edge.

STETSON BRINGS BACK A HAT FROM THE 1940s
Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stetson Hats re-introduces the Stetson Stratoliner Hat, originally introduced nearly 70 years ago. After months of coordination between HatsAmerica (owners of www.TheFedoraStore.com) and RHE Hatco, Inc. of Garland, Texas (Hatco), this famous hat has been reintroduced in Stetson’s Fall/Winter 2011 Dress Hat line.

Like this line = “I even found an online discussion group called the ‘Stratoliner Society’ at www.TheFedoraLounge.com,” he said. Because of the strong following and interest in this vintage Stetson hat, Dewsbury worked with the management at Stetson to bring the hat back. He said he is pleased to be the first, after nearly half a century, to offer the Stetson Stratoliner for retail sale on his website.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow

:jaw:

Your right tho' ... looks like a downs/temple/chatham with a thin ribbon & the selfsame unbalanced proportions of most of their dress hat line. As far as modern Stetsons go, dollar for dollar, I'd prefer a Roadmaster to this "Stratoliner". Sure would like to see some measurements. It isn't on the Stetson website. Curious.

Last edited:

Duper

Practically Family
Yep, I noticed the descrepancy in the colour chart as well. I hope the comment "a lighter, quality fur felt construction" is accurate. A softer texture would also be a bonus.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I actually like this version of the Stratoliner, and it seems to have plenty of color variety as well. I think this is a good move for Stetson.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I look forward to seeing it, and hearing how it is too.

Did anyone look at the other new hat listed there? The Prague velour? It looked kinda snazzy. I would be curious to see how the felt is.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I saw this today also and was going to post about it but did not have time till now. Looks like Stetson reads the Forum. Which is great. There are many great old hat designs that everyone here loves and with the pricing of the vintage hats this is a great deal and you can get one that will be easy to fit. As far as the pin replace it with the reproduction model that is in the Stratoliner thread. For my 7 5/8 head I can see getting this lid. As I find the Stratoliner a great hat.
What other hat designs would everyone like to see brought back from todays hat manufactures. While VS hats are great the price holds many back from purchasing one. I know seeing all the pictures in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame I will have one of his hats its just I will have to get one for Christmas or a birthday.
An I don't have a size 7 head and I will have to look forever for a Strat in my size.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Strat

If they were going to recycle, the way to go would've been a thin ribbon, bound brim NOSTALGIA re-boot. Better proportions & truer in form to its' original, iconic namesake, IMHO.

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Well, it's obviously not a direct replica of the original, but it is reminiscent, and I do like it (noob that I am, maybe I need to experience the real deal before I can be objective). I do agree, the pin isn't that great (very lacking in sharpness and detail, regardless of engines) but as stated, there are repros. Wonder how this would do steamed into an open crown? Got to be doable, and a different bash possible.

They list Cordova as a color then it does NOT appear on the color chart below????

You're right that that color isn't shown in the chart, but the other options being Black, Silverbelly and Caribou, I wonder if the example shown on the web page is supposed to represent it?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's obviously not a direct replica of the original, but it is reminiscent, and I do like it (noob that I am, maybe I need to experience the real deal before I can be objective). I do agree, the pin isn't that great (very lacking in sharpness and detail, regardless of engines) but as stated, there are repros. Wonder how this would do steamed into an open crown? Got to be doable, and a different bash possible.

You're right that that color isn't shown in the chart, but the other options being Black, Silverbelly and Caribou, I wonder if the example shown on the web page is supposed to represent it?

Well, Cordova is on the Dobbs chart, and they are the same company, right? It seems to be some sort of mid-brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails