Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Fashion Collection 1940s Stratoliner Fur Felt Fedora Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoshark

New in Town
Okay gang... here's my new "Strat". some quick pics

9c054dbc.jpg

4d34fe0c.jpg

a4818f37.jpg

e0e9e44c.jpg

d216fad6.jpg

f9647bfb.jpg

d3c06754.jpg

(note, the bottom of the pin is stamped "707")

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I think they should have made it with a straight block and higher crown. Also, would have been wonderful if they would leave the crown open so you can crease yourself. But I guess we can just dream when they do that again.

carldelo

One Too Many
Looks good to me. I'd love to see a straight side view to see how much swoop there is in the brim when snapped.

I assume it's silver belly, which looks pretty tan. Marcoshark, does it seem tan in person, or is that just the photos?

Now for my review...

The color is just a bit darker than my Caribou Pinnacle but that can be due to exposure & use of the Pinn.
The hat was packed with the ribbon end bent over & has a crease in it shown here =
Photo-0081.jpg

The NICE SURPRISE for me is the brim measure 2 5/8" everywhere I measure it, definitely more than 2 1/2" which is more to my liking! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

The color & finish seem very even over the hat & the stitching is even everywhere I've inspected.
The crown is low = 4" at front pinch, 3 3/4" at rear, 4 1/2" at highest on sides.
Pushed open, it looks to be 5 1/4" as best I can tell.
The size is true & round as modern Stetson are.

Now the NEGATIVE =
After handling & brushing, my finger tips do have a gray coating to them.

Look at the above photo & you'll see my plane has a missing engine from the left wing = MAJOR bummer for quality control at HatCo. :eek:
Look at the front of the crown in this photo below =
Photo-0080.jpg

If the box had not been in pristine shape, I would've guessed the front of the crown was smashed in shipping but NOT the case.
You can see what appears to be where the front of the crown from the pinch to the ribbon looks to have been damaged. As you run your finger around the crown you can feel ridges that could result from mis-stitching of the sweatband during installation.
The felt feels significantly weaker at the front of the side dents than the back & sides.
SOMETHING happened to this hat during the blocking or there is a weak spot in the crown that can't hold the crease. :eeek:
I am HIGHLY disappointed with quality control of both HatCo & The Fedora Store if this is an example of what they will let ship from the factory & then again from the store!
Anticipating the conversation when I take this hat back for the factory tour.
Needless to say, my ONLY & LAST purchase from The Fedora Store. :mad:
I hope HATCO & The Fedora Store are monitoring this thread & respond.
When you claim this Forum as inspiration to deliver such an ICON model, you should have your ACT TOGETHER! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy