Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Nostalgia"? (now with pics)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Oh my! I ordered my nostalgia after work yesterday and it was sitting on my porch when I got home today! Now the mailman is here with an Akubra box!

Mr E Train

One Too Many
My Nostalgia was also waiting for me when I got home this evening. OK, you guys are probably going to consider this a wasted opportunity, but I have really had a jones for a pork pie lately, and one that isn't low-crowned and narrow-brimmed. So I bashed a pork pie. I think it looks pretty keen. I might get the brim bound at some point, but it seems to have sufficient snap for now. I'll probably wear it snapped down in front mostly, but up sometimes depending on my mood.

nostalgiaside.jpg

nostalgiafront.jpg

nostalgiafront2.jpg

nostalgia1.jpg

nostalgiahj.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I hate to disappoint by not offering a fedora crease, but I had to follow my heart, and my heart wanted a pork pie.

Where's yours, Rodkins? Well, you have the Campdraft too, so your attentions are probably divided. ;)

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I hate to disappoint by not offering a fedora crease, but I had to follow my heart, and my heart wanted a pork pie.

Where's yours, Rodkins? Well, you have the Campdraft too, so your attentions are probably divided. ;)
I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I've been wearing both but havent had a chance to post pics.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Thanks! Dry bashed in that set of photos. Today I used just a few sprays of distilled water, lowered the side walls just a little and raised up the dome so it protrudes slightly.

nosw.jpg

nosfl1.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Dry bashed in that set of photos. Today I used just a few sprays of distilled water, lowered the side walls just a little and raised up the dome so it protrudes slightly.

Dry bashed? You put that pork pie in with a dry bash? That speaks more highly of the felt than any wordy description in my mind.

Can in handle a flat top, Mr E Train?

Mr E Train

One Too Many

Dry bashed? You put that pork pie in with a dry bash? That speaks more highly of the felt than any wordy description in my mind.

It's pretty easily malleable felt. I used a little water when I was refining it, mostly just to help it stick. I probably could have done without the water.

CRH said:
Can in handle a flat top, Mr E Train?

That I'm not sure of. Maybe it can, but I'm sure I can't.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Mr. E Train...
I've never been a fan much of Porkpie's, but your's just may change my mind :) THAT hat looks GREAT on you, everything about it from the pro looking crease, size and color, just RIGHT :) Nice job !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot