Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Turf Club

buler

I'll Lock Up
For those that haven't seen this one and to go along with the Shore Club Jimmy just posted, here is the Stetson Turf Club. The felt on this hat was one of my favorites of any Stetson I've had. Unfortunately this one was too small, so its gone. The only other one I've seen was on ebay and now belongs to Tango Yankee. Maybe Tango will post his here also.

B

turf_3.jpg

turf_4_alt_2.jpg

turf_6.jpg

turf_5.jpg

turf_9.jpg

turf_8.jpg

turf_14.jpg

turf_15.jpg

stetson_turf_club_ad_post.jpg

turf_club_2.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
That is an absolutely fantastic example of the Turf Club. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Beautiful hat, great ribbon, great color. This is also a good example of how an underwelt can give the impression of a mode edge on the top part of the brim.

Here's a larger version of the 1948 Turf Club ad featuring Bing Crosby:

1948TurfClub.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
Vic beat you to it this time Lefty. I saved these pics from an ebay auction that I believe Tango Yankee won. It was listed as a Turf Club and had the sweat marking, but its a bound brim.... [huh]

B

stetson_turf_club_5.jpg

stetson_turf_club_1.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
Some of those ads look bound as well.

Yeah, I though that too. Its hard to tell for sure. Like Jimmy said, they had a stitched underwelt that gave a pronounced cav-edge look. Maybe they had both underwelt and bound for the same model?

B

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Yeah, I though that too. Its hard to tell for sure. Like Jimmy said, they had a stitched underwelt that gave a pronounced cav-edge look. Maybe they had both underwelt and bound for the same model?

B

What?? A Stetson that morphed over the years? No way!!lol ;)

RHY

One of the Regulars
Cannot upload photos

Sorry folks, I tried to upload my photos of my Turf Club, but the system here says that I exceeded something.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would appreciated it.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is too Funny.

I lived in Hazleton,PA nearly my whole life....of course not presently though. I do remember seeing this lid on ebay, because I wanted it. M.Jones, if you ever think you may want to get rid of this hat, please message me. Thanks. ;)

StetsonTurfClub7.jpg

jmatt

New in Town
I just inherited a brown turf club from my grandfather. I love it. I did, however, have to take it to Paris Hatters and replace the sweatband, which was unsalvageable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo