Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Weekender Zephyr Weight

mattface

Practically Family
My latest antique store treasure. I gather this is a very rare hat, which explains why I can't find any threads on it, so I thought I would start one.

I got it quite inexpensively at an antique shop that tends to price things high, I suspect the grime was to blame for the low price. It fits me like a glove, the felt is dirty, but not damaged, the ribbon is probably beyond cleaning and the band though a little wrinkled in places is completely in tact, and fairly supple. I sent it off to Henry the Hatter yesterday for cleaning with instructions to make it look as nice as possible, but not to do anything that might damage the sweatband. I think it should clean up very nice and of course I will post lots more pictures when i get it back.

In the meantime while I wait to get my prize back from the cleaners, I'm thirsty for the knowledge. What can anyone tell me about this model, when was it made? Does anyone have any vintage ads for the Weekender? Anyone else got one we can see? Does anyone know what that Campion stamp in the band is about? I'm guessing it was the retailer, because it's where the retailer stamp usually would be, but I've never heard of it before, and it's a really cool logo.

mattface

Practically Family
Ah thanks BK, I found this classified thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...son&p=1259062&highlight=weekender#post1259062

Not really that similar to my hat, mine clearly was unlined with a 2 1/4" bound edge. His is lined with a 2 1/2" Mode Edge, and fancier sweat. It says Zephyr weight, but with those two detail differences doesn't look as light as mine.

The Royal stetson - tan- Zephyr weight 30/40 with box
7-1/8
Brim- 2-1/2" mode edge
Crown- 5-1/2"
Ribbon- 2"
originally sold at Eaglesons CA.
$265 sent on sat

This is one fantastic hat that is just too small for me. Soft, supple, creamy felt. Stunning satin liner. It is not perfect but damn near heaven. These don't come up often gents
DSCF4924.jpg

DSCF4920.jpg

DSCF4922.jpg

DSCF4923.jpg

Edit: Actually I think this was not a weekender, but another model of Royal Stetson Zephyr weight he was hoping to trade for a weekender.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR