Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still Life with Hats . . .

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
A hotel room in China:
DSCN0775.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Machu Piccu:
DSCN7860.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

I just realized I'm cheating in these two because there are people in the background, sorry folks. If any of you are uncomfortable because these are out of place in this still life thread, someone please let me know and I'll delete them.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn; The pics are stunning sir. You have exotic travel destinations. Congrats on the travel conquests and thanks for sharing your pics.

If you stumbled upon this thread only, folks would imagine your motto to be "have hat will travel." Those of us in the know, recognize you motto to be "travel cause I have a hat." :eusa_doh:

Eric -

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn; The pics are stunning sir. You have exotic travel destinations. Congrats on the travel conquests and thanks for sharing your pics.

If you stumbled upon this thread only, folks would imagine your motto to be "have hat will travel." Those of us in the know, recognize you motto to be "travel cause I have a hat." :eusa_doh:

Eric -
:D Thank you for the kind words, Eric. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely amazing, Blackthorn! Thanks for posting! All of these photos are great-- Machu Piccu is magnificent, the Colosseo brings back memories from a jaunt I took in '99 (the first and last time I had the pleasure of travelling to Europe), but that shot in the Sierras is most poignant to me.

A still life (plural still lifes) is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, plants, rocks, or shells) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, and so on). With origins in the Middle Ages and Ancient Greek/Roman art, still life paintings give the artist more leeway in the arrangement of design elements within a composition than do paintings of other types of subjects such as landscape or portraiture. Still life paintings, particularly before 1700, often contained religious and allegorical symbolism relating to the objects depicted. Some modern still life breaks the two-dimensional barrier and employs three-dimensional mixed media, and uses found objects, photography, computer graphics, as well as video and sound.
-WIKIPEDIA

So, with definition in hand, I submit this inanimate still life done by my wife while I snoozed under the security of my Lee private label whippet...
IMG_2999.jpg

A still life (plural still lifes) is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, plants, rocks, or shells) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, and so on). With origins in the Middle Ages and Ancient Greek/Roman art, still life paintings give the artist more leeway in the arrangement of design elements within a composition than do paintings of other types of subjects such as landscape or portraiture. Still life paintings, particularly before 1700, often contained religious and allegorical symbolism relating to the objects depicted. Some modern still life breaks the two-dimensional barrier and employs three-dimensional mixed media, and uses found objects, photography, computer graphics, as well as video and sound.
-WIKIPEDIA

So, with definition in hand, I submit this inanimate still life done by my wife while I snoozed under the security of my Lee private label whippet...
IMG_2999.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely amazing, Blackthorn! Thanks for posting! All of these photos are great-- Machu Piccu is magnificent, the Colosseo brings back memories from a jaunt I took in '99 (the first and last time I had the pleasure of travelling to Europe), but that shot in the Sierras is most poignant to me.
Thank you, Bowlerman! It was fun taking that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80