Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styling for Short Hair

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I saw a thread for long hair, and I could not via search find the one for short. So I started one, please merge it if it needs to be moved to another thread.

So, post your inspiration for short styles. Post pictures of celebs of the golden era, or pics of you with shorter cuts that can still look vintage!

here are a few I found in a flickr community.
30s-40s
3132039162_2397457266.jpg

30s betty grable
3041774912_0b2f74e621.jpg

3061679287_ff44b7cbd4.jpg

50s
3083330102_b7aa5ebe72.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/vintagevogue/3048838639/in/pool-57488425@N00

3037862141_da3435039e.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
The pretty blonde is on Flickr,her name is Piksi.

I have some older photos from when I actually set my hair,I'll look for them and be right back to post. They'll be reposts.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I found a few,the top 2 are from 2006 and the bottom is the most recent. I've been wearing a pixie since fall/winter of 2006. Thinking about growing it out,and in my indecisiveness it's reached my jawline. Have yet to figure out a set for it at this length.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

pinkylee

New in Town
I am ready to cut my hair again! I just had a baby and I feel like I cant keep up with the 'do...Thanxs for the thread now maybe I can have some inspiration :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I'm following Piksi on flickr, her is her photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piksi_/

She really needs to be on the lounge! :) Her hair isn't that short, though. But I think this is a great thread, because long hair is so easy to vary, but with short you sometimes end up wearing it the same way.

I think the gorgeous and amazing Lee Miller had some wonderful short styles, very simple, wearable and androgynous:

32479-large.jpg

21photographer_slide01.jpg

karlins3-25-08-2.jpg

112805_article_book_thomson.jpg

karlins3-25-08-1.jpg

filmst_wideweb__430x315.jpg

nr.907.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
They're great. I really like that short red do on that girl with the pale blue outfit. If I had finer features and finer hair, I'd like a short, tidy style. I don't think I could afford the frequent salon visits though because the idea of a short, permed style really appeals to me. Actually, I can't make up my mind.

Connie's features aren't really fine and her hair looks similar in thickness to mine and it's possibly fuller:

connie2q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

conniefrancis.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just think most people would consider it a shame for me to cut and perm my hair into a similar style today.:(

Lillemor

One Too Many
I can't tell if this is a short style or updo:

u1122560.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think I'd need a little help from a hairdresser:

1950wavesparting.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

a82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This isn't the best photo of her but I prefer Patti Page with short hair or updo:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor, I think you should go for the Connie Francis look! If it isn't a success, it will always grow back.
This is the only picture I have of my new hair cut. As you can see I had to play with the contrast for you to see it at all:

debban3.jpg

One of my friends said I looked like Marilyn (as a brunette of course ;) ). The front has a wave similar to hers. That's Mary on the right, we had fun that night. :D

Lillemor

One Too Many
I love your new hair! Sorry if you've already explained else where but is it just a cut and a perm? I'd never thought about playing with the contrast to show off my styles. I often think I've got something right and even if the style doesn't look completely authentic I find myself thinking that if I had lighter hair, this or that would've been a great detail to show off to give others inspiration. You both have nice hair and lovely outfits.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic