Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede Felt - Care & Feeding of

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
I'm interested in learning about suede felt fur hats. I'm considering buying one, but I'm concerned about things like:

Does getting it wet have an adverse effect on it?
What about using steam and/or water to crease/bash it? Or does it require a dry bash?
Does it respond to a hat brush and/or sponge for keeping it cleaned?
What about normal wear & tear? How is it with normal handling marks? I know I'm supposed to use the brim when putting a hat on/taking it off, but I don't. I pinch the front.

I guess I'm trying to find out what it's like to live with a suede felt. If it matters, I'm considering a Heritage grade hat from Beaver Brand and believe it's a rabbit fur. I have 3 of their normal Heritage grade hats and really like them.

Any and all opinions/advice/insight are welcome, regardless of brand/make/model.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
There shouldn't be any difference care or wear wise. Just steam and brush counter clockwise.
+1 I own a Knox Twenty in suede finish. Except for the feeling and weight--significantly heavier than my other hats--handling, care and cleaning are just the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo