Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitable conditioner for Lost Worlds Horsehide

Hh121

Banned
I applied Chamberlains leather milk no.3 because it just looks dry, after that it became even drier. Any suggestions from LW owner?

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
Tiger blood.

99ed67d44b205d87d7994467c52b8c59.gif

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
maybe just look dry not actually being dry? I find water based conditioners when I tried on any leather make the leather looks dry after the water evaporate unlike oil based ones that leave some shine.

dannyk

One Too Many
murder a horse and use its fat to buff the jacket then make yourself a new jacket out of the hide. Put the head in your enemies bed. It’s called the Stuart method. It’s what men in the 50’s did. At least as previously mentioned the ones who had pride.

Hh121

Banned
It's difficult for me to imagine a LW hide feeling dry or a conditioner even penetrating the dyed through and painted on finish. This hide and process is unique to LW. Better try contacting Stu again. However, if he feels the least bit slighted he will not respond. He's very manly sensitive like that.
HD

He always reminds me the one of Alfred Hitchcock tv shows, called "The Glass Eye", S3E1.
23846172256cdad842ae1b6985cfbbb8.jpg

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I applied Chamberlains leather milk no.3 because it just looks dry, after that it became even drier. Any suggestions from LW owner?

Without the BS comments about Stuart, I use a small amount of Pecards on the older jackets about once every 2 years. The newer ones I use Pecards about once a year for the first 5 years. I have owned LW jackets that date back about 10 to 15 years now and none seem painted they are not vegetable tanned and are very thick as I have always asked Stuart for the thicker hides as they are generally used for riding in most cases. I have owned both Aero and LW jackets and find the Horse on the LW jackets somewhat thicker with one exception of a Antique Horse Bootlegger that is thicker and more malleable but I attribute this to the tanning by Aero to give it that "antiqued" feel. I use Pecards on this jacket as well about once every 2 years.

Hh121

Banned
Without the BS comments about Stuart, I use a small amount of Pecards on the older jackets about once every 2 years. The newer ones I use Pecards about once a year for the first 5 years. I have owned LW jackets that date back about 10 to 15 years now and none seem painted they are not vegetable tanned and are very thick as I have always asked Stuart for the thicker hides as they are generally used for riding in most cases. I have owned both Aero and LW jackets and find the Horse on the LW jackets somewhat thicker with one exception of a Antique Horse Bootlegger that is thicker and more malleable but I attribute this to the tanning by Aero to give it that "antiqued" feel. I use Pecards on this jacket as well about once every 2 years.

Thanks, is this one you use?
30f2cb71f567b395726f0659999da819.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
Can’t say I have any experience with Pecards on a LW but I’ve used Pecards on an old Schott, some Vansons and an old G-1 with great success.

Logician

One of the Regulars
I've used Leatherique on my LW HH jackets. I usually apply some on a very hot summer day, and put the jacket in an opaque plastic bag outside (or in my car) for the rest of the day (away from direct contact with the sun). That way the product can better penetrate the leather.
I then leave the jacket inside over night and wipe off the extra oil the next morning.
Same thing with Neat's Foot Oil. But I found that it leaves a sticky residue which I don't like. Nonetheless it is worth mentionning that Horween recommand Neat's Foot Oil on HH (without an aniline or semi aniline finish of course). As for Pecard, I've never used it. But I'd like to try it some day. (It is impossible to find in Montreal. One has to order it online.) Now can someone please tell me if I should use Pecard's Classic or Antique leather dressing on LW HH jackets?

Attachments

• antique-leather-dressing.jpg
    antique-leather-dressing.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 443

dannyk

One Too Many
I contacted Pecard other than the ones that have dye in them they are all the same formula. They only give them different names to make sure when people in different markets search for their product it comes up. So antique or biker or whatever will see Pecards they know it will work.

Hh121

Banned
I contacted Pecard other than the ones that have dye in them they are all the same formula. They only give them different names to make sure when people in different markets search for their product it comes up. So antique or biker or whatever will see Pecards they know it will work.

Very helpful, thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21