Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses that work well with a Fedora?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It's exactly what I've been looking for as a gift for my husband

I wouldn't recommend buying someone a custom hat when you don't know the dimensions (crown/brim) that suit them.

Last edited:

DRB

One Too Many
Rue, if you want to find out his hat size without letting the cat out of the bag, tell him you want to go shopping for a hat for you and while you are there, have him try a few on, then make a note of which one is his size. Sneeky.

rue

Tomasso, DRB, thank you, but he already knows I want to get one for him. It's not a surprise present, just a present. I wouldn't do that to him, as I wouldn't want him to buy me a dress without having a clue as to what I want ;)
He's tried a few on and that looks like one that fit him very well, but I want him to have something custom made. I'll get his sizes and than have your friend make one up. It's for his birthday in July.

Thank you for being so sweet :)

Chinaski

One Too Many
Earlier in this thread I voted for tortoise Wayfarers. They're great combined with a hat, but I'm in Southern California and needed another pair. I picked up some of these:

Persol-2720-Pierce-Brosnan.jpg

I believe Buler mentioned Persols are a step up in lens quality, and I have to concur. By the way, I look just like Pierce Brosnan when I wear them:D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Hey, not that we don't trust you, but I think we're going to need to see some proof:D:D
Actually I lied, countless have said that Sean Connery is my doppelgänger........and that I have the voice of Tom Selleck.......with the bite of Dennis Miller.......[huh]

N2S3

New in Town
What glasses hide Morgan Woodwards eyes, any idea anybody? Is it a brand you can buy today?
Must be polarized to shoot in all directions if needed...

I wear a slightly squarer version of aviators I picked up at the Vinnie's for a buck.
Unfortunately, when I wear them with my lid, I kinda look like.
theo-kojak-played-by-telly-savalas.jpg

With hair.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Typically, the only fedoras I wear are Open Roads blocked as such. But when I do wear a more traditional fedora, I like to wear Clubmasters. Most days, I wear a cattleman's creased Open Road or Resistol. Then, only Wayfarers will do.

JackiesTesters331.jpg

spanishneedles060-1-1.jpg

AF

Gromulus

Practically Family
Typically, the only fedoras I wear are Open Roads blocked as such. But when I do wear a more traditional fedora, I like to wear Clubmasters. Most days, I wear a cattleman's creased Open Road or Resistol. Then, only Wayfarers will do.

spanishneedles060-1-1.jpg

AF

A true country gentleman!

Levallois

Practically Family
Trying to look all tough (and failing) before a 1930s big band and auction event but I like these sunglasses.

DSC01287.jpg
[/IMG]

Dillinger Days at work, ditto on the sunglasses

DillingerDays007.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Man, I dig those shades!

Anyways, here is what I often wear with my lids. Green-tinted, I believe from the late-'50s/early-'60s, made in USA. (Yeah, I know that the light from the computer screen reflecting off of the lenses makes me look like the Man with X-Ray Eyes...)

Photo6-2.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner