Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super special 1000000X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane

Suspended
Fedoraguy, I just found out that it was you that got a hat that I had seen or so I understand it to be. If this is a private matter then just disregard this post but I have to say hands down that was the finest hat I ever seen period. I have seen a few 1000s of hats and many a fine one but never any thing as special as that one was. Would you care to post on it if I have got it correct and you are the person that got that INDY brown hat? I would not be so bold to ask if it was any ordinary hat but man that was one special hat I have seen a lot of belly beaver hats but that was the crem'e de la creme.

Fedora

Vendor
He hasn't posted since he got that hat, but here is what he said on another site.
My fedora arrived Monday, but I was out of town until this morning. I can honestly say that this is the highest quality felt I have ever seen on a modern day fedora. This hat is flawless, I am completely satisfied with this hat. It took the "Raiders" bash with extremely little effort. It is everything that was promised by the Gladhatter.

I have yet to see anyone that was not tickled to death over this high dollar hat. With hats, it comes down to how much you can stand spending. I still have little pains of guilt, but when I justify it by knowing this hat will be with me until I give up the ghost, it doesn't seem bad at all. I have a vintage 7x due any day and can't wait to see what vintage beaver felt looks like(and feels like) If it is any better, I won't be able to stand it.LOL Fedora

Zane

Suspended
Fedora, I sure hope that vintage turns out to be all you hope for. I will be pleased to see any pictures of it you can post.

I thank you for the post about that other fine hat. It really was special. I wish I could navigate these forums and keep up with all the doings as you and oters seem to do.

I am off here shortly to go pick up another hat to do and drop this one off. I would love to get to work on a belly beaver but suppose it will first require me showing how my personal one comes out.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Now lets show all the story.

Fedora, I sure hope that vintage turns out to be all you hope for. I will be pleased to see any pictures of it you can post.

I thank you for the post about that other fine hat. It really was special. I wish I could navigate these forums and keep up with all the doings as you and oters seem to do.

Zane i see you are already a member at that forum and in fact posted on this hat already. So i think you get around on these forums quite well.

Here is his first post for the viewing audience. I'm happy he finally ended up with a nice hat.

Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:54 pm Post subject:

As a customer of this vendor, I have received several things:
1. Great, very friendly conversations with Charlie over the phone and through emails about my order.
2. Constant assurances that my hat was "PERFECT" and ready to go.
3. A fedora with many problems/mistakes/oversites that made me EXTREMELY displeased.
4. A promise from Charlie that the replacement will be done correctly.
5. A letter written by "Customer Support" laced with thinly veiled accusations that I destroyed the hat to make them look bad and that my inquiries about the status of my hat made them hurry and make mistakes on my $500+ custom hat - in between emphatic apologies and promises to make things right.
6. A phone call from Charlie apologizing for his "staff"'s letter stating the situation was completely misunderstood.

My personal experience with Charlie Swindall has been positive - his product and the people who work for him are a different story entirely.
Once I get the replacement, I may have a different opinion as my mom says, "The proof is in the pudding".

Zane

Suspended
Thanks Sharptoyes, I honestly did not know I was a member of the forum that was posted on and still have not received my go ahead to post on it but I see that you are on top of things there just as you are here and very much in charge and informed.

The one good thing I could say about you if I had to preach your funeral is that some times you certainly less obstructive than at others. Every man ought to have at least this good of a eulogy to speak for the life he lead.
I am also thankful for your insight on why GH reduced his work force and started making all his high end hats in shop. I had no idea he had so many problems with his work force but this clearly points out why he has dissolved his relations with several of them I guess.

I was not aware that you and he were so tight for you to keep such a detailed tracking of his affairs. Do you also run a hat company in addition to two forums ? I just do not see how you do all you get done. What a man!!!

This certainly clears up another issue as well as to how to deal with insolent workers or at least one remedy that seems to work well. It seems with the replacement of some workers that hat company is certainly making strides in the right direction. I guess him allowing less than qualified personnel touch his hats in the past could have taken a huge toll on his wares had he not acted so decisively .

Fedora Guy I am hesitant to comment on the repost that Sharptoyes has made but assuming it is all accurate, I will have to agree with your Mom. Proof sure is in the pudding. I got to see that hat that you sent back earlier today and I have to say it was an atrocity. The thing had a huge gash cut in the rear of the brim as if some one had started to make a dimensional cut and then realized they were on the wrong side. There was 2 large holes clearly burned in the crown that had to have been done with some hat stick pin or such as there were clearly charred. I certainly can see why you found the hat objectionable and cannot imagine what the ex-staff there was thinking to ship out such a hat. The brim of it appeared to have been chopped out with a hiking hatchet. If that hat was indicative of a GH hat then I would strongly advise all to approach with extreme caution.

He says the staff denied shipping it in such a condition but he thought he would just err on the side of the customer and replace them and not have such an incident recur in future.

I knew I held that man in high regard but now I am more than convinced he certainly tries to please his customers at any cost.

Sharptoyes, I try to promote this hatter as I need to find work and honestly believe him to make a good hat. What is your reason for continuing to post information's that promote his excellent customer service? Are you just a good Samaritan and caring human being or do you have some other agenda for your promotions?

I am beginning to get concerned about you .

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Funny,

Last year when a certain unnamed hatter wanted me to lower my prices for him, brand our hats as his, etc...the letters were very long, believe me...anyhow, this hatter wanted me to lower my prices because of his living in a dirtfloored house, no means to support himself, working in Russia among other places....The letters went on and on.....

Funny Zane, that you would come on here in similar straits working for unnamed hatter.

Methinks I'll refrain from posting for a while.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
OK, this is starting to go in a nasty direction with inuendo and implications.
As Bogart said "either lay off politics or get out".

This Glad Hatter issue is a very touchy subject to many folks here, and we don't want people choosing sides for a donnybrook. I am sure EACH of us is already aware of perceptions, suspicions, and hard feelings on both sides of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic