Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Surprise Finds at Local Drug Store

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Another Bay Rum?

The Bay Rum I bought is from Clubman Pinaud. I found this variety on Ebay.
Bay Rum Bottle
Do they smell the same?

Chad
ps...some women at my girlfriends work went crazy for my Bay Rum the other day!

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
West Indies fragrances

Biltmore Bob said:
I will ocasionally run across Bay Rum at CVS or Walgreens.
I have some Bay Rum and West Indian Lime from St. Johns also Royall Lyme from Bermuda. I have had some very nice Bay Rum that I purchased at, of all places, Restoration Hardware.
:cool2:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Aquia33 said:
Thanks, just ordered glass topped bottle

As did I.

7ozglasstop.jpg

Kind of hard to not. What great packaging.

funneman

Practically Family
Bay Rum and Osage

Funny you should mention this. I spent almost a week trying to track down a local store that sold Bay Rum and Osage. Finally found it at "Sally's" and other barber supply/beauty supply stores stock them. I had really wanted the Lilac Vegital, but had no luck.

After applying the Bay Rum I decided that there's a fine line between being vintage/period correct and just plain smelling like an old man. Plus the stuff is sticky. My Seabreeze smells a lot like the Osage, so for now I'll stick to that. I would still like to have the Lilac Vegital but I think it's being phased out. Most on-line stores are sold out of it.

If you're really interested just do a Google search for Clubman, Pinuad and you'll find it.

matei

One Too Many
Does one use this in lieu of cologne? What do you do if you have a preferred cologne that you wear daily - wouldn't they clash?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
matei said:
Does one use this in lieu of cologne? What do you do if you have a preferred cologne that you wear daily - wouldn't they clash?

Yes. Just this. But my preference is to not have any fragrance that others can detect unless I'm hugging them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot