Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suspenders For D-Rings?

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
I recently purchased three pairs of European military wool trousers. They're not super vintage style, but not especially modern either. They're thick wool and will be great in the winter. Only $4.88 a pair on clearance at Cabela's, so that was the deciding factor.

On to my question. Inside the waistband, there are three D-rings. Two in front and one in back. I'm pretty sure they're for suspenders. I can't find any place online that has any suspenders to go with these D-rings. Are they meant to be used with some sort of uniform apparatus, and not suspenders? If anyone has any experience with these style trousers, please fill me in! And if anyone could tell me where to get suspenders to go with these, I'd appreciate it!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I don't have a source for suspenders, but I do think I have an idea what they look like. I believe the suspenders have a leather end on them with a metal (perhaps brass) stud toward the top and a slit about three inches below. The leather portion is threaded through the d-ring and then the slit goes over the metal stud. Does that make sense? I think I might have some East German or Swiss web gear that is set up that way, but it's all been packed away in my parents' garage for so long, it's hard to say.

-Dave

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Thanks David, that does make sense. I was curious if it was a system like that, or suspenders hooked to the rings somehow. If I can't find any suspenders, I'm confident I can alter some existing ones to work. Or just wear a belt. lol

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
Convertables

I think those convertable suspenders are usually just awful, but in this case it may be just the thing. Do you know the ones that can go back and forth from clip to button? They have the stud on them.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Thanks for the link to that post! Gene's suspenders would work great with my trousers. I'll have to PM him for details.

Convertible suspenders will work also, I didn't know these existed. I'll dig around for some!

Thanks all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner