Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swap Your Vintage Ties!!!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Following some vigorous debate over on the 'Show Us Your Ties' thread (which seemed to show up the Atlantic divide between European and American tie fans) I decided to open a thread where people with spare ties can offer them as swaps.

It's simple: post photos of what you have and examples of what you are looking for. Then hold your breath whilst you wait for a PM.

Here we go, on offer I have:
leaftie_zps2ecbcbc8.jpg

bold_zps2dce5efd.jpg

brown_zps02c57f98.jpg

I am looking for something like these (these were ties that Dinerman posted recently and which started the debate):
stripes_zpsf7bf3fa1.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure you'll find plenty of ties that you think 'they can go'. And think of all those appreciative Europeans that are just waiting for them!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Here's another European who is looking for "boring" 1920s-40s ties (no skinny ties) - solids, polka dots, and small patterns (like the brown tie with floral pattern from TT) are ideal for me. Next choice would be larger patterns.

I'm afraid I have nothing to offer, so I'd be happy to buy some.

TT, if you're willing to sell the brown one, let me know.

Here's another European who is looking for "boring" 1920s-40s ties (no skinny ties) - solids, polka dots, and small patterns (like the brown tie with floral pattern from TT) are ideal for me. Next choice would be larger patterns.

I'll post a bunch when I find them. I am sure I have accumulated plenty over the years. :p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Hello there, just letting you know I m going to look in our stash of ties and find a few you may be interested in. If after seeing the pictures if you desire to own them, well....haha! We'll just ship them to you. You after all did send some beautiful ties to us here. Thanks there Kiddo! Will post pictures later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko