Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I think the 'stash looks good on you.

Lucky for me, my wife likes me fine with a beard, or in most other configurations I have tried. She did like me clean shaven, even if I didn't much care for it.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Well it went off last night. Goodbye, farewell, arrivideci....Blame it on Lady De Winter.....and my wife.
They both have excellent taste, by the way;)
So now it's back to the old "Hemmingway-look"
Life is sooooooo boring.....;)

PS I took it off just before my wife came home. Did she see it?
Did she comment on it? Or did I have to turn her attention to something missing on my upperlip... year right!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hmm... I think three things...
Depends on the individual
Ages the person for the most part
And it's just sexy that men can have facial hair and the option to grow or shave

My husband just grew his first beard and I find it terribly sexy because it's new, just like if I came home with a new cut or color.

My dad has always worn a beard and now that he's aging and it's getting white, he looks so much like Captain Smith. I like it!

I enjoyed the pics of you fella's sporting your facial hair and clean shaven comparisons. You all look great either way!

Nikki

Hondo

One Too Many
Spitfire, you look great for your age. I did away with the beard, today I go clean shaven, nothing to hide. There are probably a fair majority of you under 30 years, so it isn’t something to dwell on but for those who are older, maybe still single, how you do age gracefully? I recently couldn’t help notice my face has changed, nick shirt size, face puffy, bags under the eyes, the beard use dto hide things like those, guess all those years of smoking & drinking have caught up, vanity isn’t a major issue, really I joke about it, surgery as a lark, I chuckle how I look so much like my Dad its funny lol , I really wouldn’t waste funds on “face lift” I've been told I look alright for my age at 53. For health reasons I quit smoking, cut back on my drinking, so enlighten me, so out of curiosity how do you age gracefully?

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Spitfire said:
PS I took it off just before my wife came home. Did she see it?
Did she comment on it? Or did I have to turn her attention to something missing on my upperlip... year right!

I would have suggested bringing it to her tactile attention, repeatedly if necessary :)

redavis001

One of the Regulars
CIMG0007-1.jpg

Managed to get a pic of the ole beard.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:
Spitfire, you look great for your age. I did away with the beard, today I go clean shaven, nothing to hide. There are probably a fair majority of you under 30 years, so it isn’t something to dwell on but for those who are older, maybe still single, how you do age gracefully? I recently couldn’t help notice my face has changed, nick shirt size, face puffy, bags under the eyes, the beard use dto hide things like those, guess all those years of smoking & drinking have caught up, vanity isn’t a major issue, really I joke about it, surgery as a lark, I chuckle how I look so much like my Dad its funny lol , I really wouldn’t waste funds on “face lift” I've been told I look alright for my age at 53. For health reasons I quit smoking, cut back on my drinking, so enlighten me, so out of curiosity how do you age gracefully?
Hondo - my friend!!!!
Thank you, thank you. I don't know if I've aged gracefully. Don't think so myself. But come to think of it: I work in advertising, which often is both hard, stressy and unhealthy. I smoked untill 12 years ago, when I gave it up. Now I only enjoy a cigar now and again. (That is maybe two, three a month)
I drink - not at lot - but I sure like a good glass of redwine or a pint of ale - not so much spirits.
I do not exersize a lot. Find workout boring and ridicolous.:rolleyes:

So it must be in the blood. When I look at my father - who is an elderly gent at 86 - he still has a face like a baby's bottom. No wrinkels, no bags under the eyes....and I look a lot like him. He even has a white beard.
So, my friend: It must be the genes.:)

Shimmy Sally

I don't like bushy beards or mustaches. I prefer a clean shaven man.
Well trimmed side burns can be nice. Some gentlemen look handsome with the pencil-thin mustache or a soul patch, others not so much.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Chanfan said:
Hmmm, I've had a full beard, van dyke, biker 'stache, just a mustache, and been clean shaven. I admit I'm not keen on the clean shaven look for me - I tend to think my chin doesn't look that great.

I prefer a van dyke or beard. I actually like the way the grey is coming into my beard, although I sometimes wish it would be a little more even in doing so.

Hmm, pics, let's see…

In London making friends:

London%20Nags%20Head.jpg

Generic pic:
MREsmall.JPG

The beard looks very nice. Don't worry about the grey being even. It gives you a dashing werewolf quality (and that ain't a bad thing).;)

rongoms

Familiar Face
I've often toyed with the idea of shaving off my moustache, having had it since i was 15. (really) It's now grown into a Van Dyke (i HATE calling it a goatee) which, since i work in the software industry, is required.

One little problem....i basically have no upper lip. (i'm a Scot, not English)

So......maybe the full Sean Connery beard is a better choice.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Well, I happen to think my hubby very handsome with his goatee. When I met him he had only a small mustache, being in the air force. When he got out, he rebelled and refused to shave for three months. I put up with it, knowing how much shaving hurt his face before. Plus every guy should grow a full beard at least once, if only to see how it turns out. But I didn't like it--he didn't keep it super trimmed, and he's rather gifted in the facial hair dept.

For other men, I tend to prefer clean-shaven, but facial hair can be done well if it looks like an accessory, rather than the only or main feature one has. If that's all I see--I'm not going to find it attractive. Of course that's going to mean different things to different people.

I also happen to think that darker facial hair is more striking than light hair.

redavis001 and chanfan--I think those are great looks!

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Grnidwitch said:
The beard looks very nice. Don't worry about the grey being even. It gives you a dashing werewolf quality (and that ain't a bad thing).;)

Heh, thanks. Now just have to wait for the full moon… ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24