Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Hammelby said:
larswall.jpg

Holy Max Fleischer! That is a downright cool picture!
What's the storyboard for?

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Oh thanks guys! The storyboard is a for "Erik Nietzche" a humerous motion picture Lars Von Trier wrote. Its about him self as youngster and his traumatic experiences as a student at the Danish filmschool.

Yes, im tellin ya'.. the vintage looks and the pencil mustache REALLY pulled off some contacts and expanded my network. Day three at Zentropa, everyone knew who i was.. "uh, who's that guy again?.. mm yea the storyboarder on Nietzche.. hmm.."

Even one famous danish actor walked up to me and asked me what film i was starring in.. "Oh, you havent heard? That gangster movie they are recording in studio 2?..". Very funny thing.
So i will try to keep the impeccable moustache and style up when i go to hollywood in 2 months! :)

koopkooper

Practically Family
Charlie and Hamelby I love the pencil mo on you guys, I think for men if it works it works and it works for you cats.
I have had one for seven years and feel it's almost like a badge of honour.
It doesn't matter what you wear (perhaps a work uniform) you will always look like you are from another time. I also think it adds some distinction to you.
Sure they require constant maintanence, but once it is there, just trim with a blade on the top and trim with those special mo scisors.
I like the fact no one else has one, and for my money it really brands you as "hardcore" sorry to use a modern term like that, but it certainly cries out commitment to the cause.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Amelie said:
That's the coolest 'stache ever!:eek:

Are you sure you don't want to come to Montreal instead of Hollywood? :D

Ha ha.. Only if its easier to get workpermits there and if there is a scene for motion pictures?? :) I actually know some french, so ill get back if i fail in LA :eek:

Thanks all for cadeaus on the old "upsidedown V look" mustache...
I am just like Spitfire here, in the process of growing that one back!
Just as you guys said.. it looks more vintage on me.. so ill post pics later :D

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Hmmm, I've had a full beard, van dyke, biker 'stache, just a mustache, and been clean shaven. I admit I'm not keen on the clean shaven look for me - I tend to think my chin doesn't look that great.

I prefer a van dyke or beard. I actually like the way the grey is coming into my beard, although I sometimes wish it would be a little more even in doing so.

Hmm, pics, let's see…

In London making friends:

London%20Nags%20Head.jpg

Generic pic:
MREsmall.JPG

Celia Crowson

Familiar Face
Hiya

Personally I am not a fan of beards or moustaches - clean shaven is to my liking.
But, like I said - to my liking...whatever makes a person happy just go with it.

Though I am an admirer of the William Powell and the David Niven. I watched Bachelor Mother last night and David Niven looked ever so lovely.

~Amanda~
Australia

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I'm a clean-cut, clean shaven girl myself. Those with facial hair have tried to tell me that "I'm just not used to it," but I think it's a matter of personal taste, and I find being able to SEE a man's face and his features is more attractive.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
moustache said:
Here are a few of my photos from last year.I have trimmed it down a bit.
Tell me which you like better please.I always like a critique!!

13-feb06small.jpg

:eusa_clap
This absolutely reminds me of my most favorite character of all time... Agatha Christies, Hercule Periot -oh the fabulous moustache!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Hercule20Poirot.gif

Not quite as impressiv as Moustache's handelbars. Eh?
Guess I have to show the picture of Moustache to the wife - just in order to get her to leave me and my up till now unsignificant moustach in peace.;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The man that launched millions of mustaches: Kaiser Wilhelm II. During his reign, practically every officer in the German, Austro-Hungarian, French, Belgian, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Turkish, Mexican, and South American armies sported waxed mustaches. Not coincidentally, Germany had the world's most admired army at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot