Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TARTAN TROUSERS--Perfect for the holidays! All MADE IN USA. Sizes 32, 34, 26.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
MORE TARTAN TROUSERS!

Tartan trousers are an Ivy/Trad holiday staple--and I have four more beautiful pairs to pass along today! These would all be perfect paired with a black tuxedo/dinner jacket for less formal black tie, or with a tweed jacket for informal holiday gatherings!

All are flat-front, and uncuffed. And all come from traditional American clothiers!

1) Blackwatch trousers. If you don't have a pair of Blackwatch trousers already, now's your chance! Made in the USA by Arthur Elliot. All wool. As-new condition. Waist: 16 1/2; Inseam: 28 1/4 (+2). Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

2) Pendleton Woolen Mills. Authentic Boyd tartan trousers. Made in the USA. As-new condition. Tagged 36/30. Waist: 18 1/8; Inseam: 26 3/4 (+1). Asking just $29, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

3) ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Authentic Scottish tartan trousers from Corbin's "Scottish Tartans" line. Made in the USA for The English Shop of Princeton. Absolutely excellent condition. Waist: 16 3/4; Inseam: 28 3/4 (+1). Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
4) Beautiful green, cream, and black tartan trousers with a subtle lavender overcheck. Made i the USA by Corbin for The English Shop of Princeton. Excellent condition! Waist: 18 1/4; Inseam: 28 1/16 (+ 1 1/2). Asking just $29, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

5) Tartan trousers by Tommy Hilfiger. MADE IN THE USA! This time, he got things right! Flat-front, and cut from light-weight wool. In excellent condition except for a very small hole on the front, as shown. This really doesn't detract from these lovely trousers at all, and if it were not there they would be in excellent, likely unworn condition. But it is, and so I'm asking

just $25, or offer, boxed, shipped in the USA.

Tagged 34. Measurements:

Waist: 17
Inseam: 34 (+ 1 1/2)

6) LANGROCK of Princeton

Classic Ivy Holiday Trousers!

THE Ivy Style store--just prior to its demise it ran full-page advertisements stating that it was the ONLY store in America to retain "The American Look"!--it sold beautiful, classic clothing to generations of Princeton men before its closure in the 1990s.

These trousers are lovely--a classic mossy green with overchecking in berry red and dark harvest golden-yellow, they are flat front and cuffed. These is no fabric listed, but despite feeling like pure wool they are labelled as including "synthetic fibers". But the synthetics that these contain are NOT the same as we encounter today; they were carefully produced to mimic almost exactly the feel of natural fibers. While a new polyester tie is clearly poly, a late 1960s poly tie can be easily mistaken for silk, even at close quarters and when handled. The fact that these trousers are partly synthetic is thus no bar to these being awesome! ;)

The zipper on the fly is an original 1960s TALON, and works perfectly!

These are VERY lightweight--the picture of them appearing to have white patches on them is actually a picture taken to show how lightweight they are, with light shining through them!

Very Good condition. Waist: 17 1/2; inseam: 32 (+1 1/2), with 1" cuff. Asking just $25, or offer, shipped in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner