Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoos.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
griffer said:
/cue crotchety reactionary stance

Only Jezebells and Sailors get tattoos!

Harlots and sodomites if you ask me!

:p

*shakes fists in the air*
Im with ya! Down with them all! :p

Wait, what am I getting riled up for again? Aw well. I want a grilled cheese sandwich.

LD

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awright ... heck, you guys are making me tell the truth ... once in a while, I do wish I could wear a short sleeved shirt without people asking me questions ... I GUESS I DO HAVE A FORM OF TATTOO REGRET.
There!
I said it!
I feel like Dexter did in the episode when he admits to a psychologist that he is a serial killer!

RIOT

Practically Family
Well all I have to say is tattooes are definitely not for the weak.

Get with the times people. Tattooes are part of everyday life!

Now what shall I do for a neck piece.

Dr Doran

RIOT said:

Chigi vase (7th century BC) depicts hoplite formation in phalanx: marvelous for a neckpiece, goes all the way around and covers the THROAT: painful on the Adam's apple, thus showing you are tough: plus, cool design in general; plus, will win you points with professors since it is from archaic Greece; finally, completely unique in the tattoo world. Can't go wrong. Here is one depiction:
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/introtogreece/lect10/img10chigivase.html

RIOT

Practically Family
Hahah! I was thinking more in the lines of a traditional piece like a swallow or a dagger with the word "evil" on the blade. But, the spartans would maybe work too. lol

Dr Doran

RIOT said:
Hahah! I was thinking more in the lines of a traditional piece like a swallow or a dagger with the word "evil" on the blade. But, the spartans would maybe work too. lol

Those ideas are very phat too ... but a Corinthian (not Spartan) phalanx would be HOT.

warbird

One Too Many
RIOT said:

Not for the weak lol

Yeah you gotta be reaaaaaaaallll tough to get a tattoo. puuuuuullleeeeze

I love that, once again the so-called open minded crowd slams those who do not agree with their choices. Typical. You can only be open minded and and in the modern world, enlightened as they say, as long as you agree with them.

What they say is we don't care if you decide to get a tattoo or not, or any of the other choices we make, but you sure as heck better not say you hate our choices. No sir. Thats just hateful.

Personally i don't care if someone gets a tattoo or not and I take no offense to anyone who says they think it is disgusting to get tattoos and piercings and bones in their noses or whatever else they do.

As long as they don't come back and say they need government money to live because they can't get a job because of the way they look unless they want to be gawked at working at the freak show circus, and now after all these years they don't want that life anymore, then i have no problem with what they do with their lives. you make your bed, and you sleep in it. Or as long as they don't expect the government to make new laws saying employers can't have a policy of not hiring anyone who does not fit their corporate image. I would not hire anyone to deal with the public representing me who looks like they just came out of a punk concert.

But don't expect society to roll up and say yeah however you wan to look so be it, we don't care. That isn't going to happen. Society expects certain parameters, and in todays world those parameters are already pretty large.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I think the slamming over this issue goes both ways....

It is seriously one of those 'agree to disagree' topics...where no one is going to ever change their mind about.

So we will sit here, time after time, and rehash all the pro reasons..and all the con reasons...and much like explorers without a breadcrumb trail, we will end up right where we started.....again.

RIOT

Practically Family
warbird said:
Yeah you gotta be reaaaaaaaallll tough to get a tattoo. puuuuuullleeeeze

I love that, once again the so-called open minded crowd slams those who do not agree with their choices. Typical. You can only be open minded and and in the modern world, enlightened as they say, as long as you agree with them.

What they say is we don't care if you decide to get a tattoo or not, or any of the other choices we make, but you sure as heck better not say you hate our choices. No sir. Thats just hateful.

Personally i don't care if someone gets a tattoo or not and I take no offense to anyone who says they think it is disgusting to get tattoos and piercings and bones in their noses or whatever else they do.

As long as they don't come back and say they need government money to live because they can't get a job because of the way they look unless they want to be gawked at working at the freak show circus, and now after all these years they don't want that life anymore, then i have no problem with what they do with their lives. you make your bed, and you sleep in it. Or as long as they don't expect the government to make new laws saying employers can't have a policy of not hiring anyone who does not fit their corporate image. I would not hire anyone to deal with the public representing me who looks like they just came out of a punk concert.

But don't expect society to roll up and say yeah however you wan to look so be it, we don't care. That isn't going to happen. Society expects certain parameters, and in todays world those parameters are already pretty large.

WHAT!!!?? This whole post was basically about slamming people with tattooes. At least that's how I read it. If you don't like it, don't bad mouth it! I don't know what rock you have been hiding under but there are people out there who own businesses, CEO's of big companies with tattooes. It is not science fiction anymore. Get with it!

warbird

One Too Many
RIOT said:
WHAT!!!?? This whole post was basically about slamming people with tattooes. At least that's how I read it. If you don't like it, don't bad mouth it! I don't know what rock you have been hiding under but there are people out there who own businesses, CEO's of big companies with tattooes. It is not science fiction anymore. Get with it!

I hide under no rocks thank you much. And there is a huge difference between wearing tattoos where dress clothes hide them and having them on your neck, face, hands etc, where they are not hidden. I said it's not good for a business that deals with the public and whether you like it or don't, it's the truth.

Dr Doran

warbird said:

Agreed ... hence the invention of long sleeves on shirts! Nobody at the university has the slightest idea of the extent of my ink ...

RIOT

Practically Family
Don't be surprised when 20, 30, 40 years down the line, when all these "freaks" start running the country. Then we'll have this same thread over again, but this time have a laugh at those inkless virgin skins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic