Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tencel

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Okay, the first suit, or rather suit jacket, I ever bought was in the spring/summer of 2003, and it was a modern, 3 button, black jacket made of 100% Tencel, size 38S. Because I'm not short, and I'm not a 38 (probably would be if I weren't so darn underweight) it doens't have a very good fit, though it fits better than some jackets I have. Anywho, while it has a horrid modern cut, the fabric and the rest of the overall quality make it worth keeping, and even wearing despite the poor fit. It has a nice weight to it, and it feels rather luxurious. Has a sheen to it that makes it look faded in some lighting, but it is definitely not faded at all from what I can tell. So the question bears asking, has anyone else ever seen/owned a suit made of Tencel? I'm going to get pictures shortly, but if anyone else has any, please post!

Tencel goods

Tencel has actually made a pretty good run in non-athletic clothing over the past few years. Its been creeping into some of the better dress casual clothing from makers like Axis Menswear.

Axis - one of the biggest 'better' sportswear lines in the nation - first introduced it in some of their casual shirts, shorts, and oddly enough, they made a 'denim' jean out of it. Remarkably soft and light, it worked out well. So makers produced other things, such as unconstructed jackets, which has opened the door to more proper jackets, suits, etc.

Of course, being a 'modern' fabric, the cloth is more readily adapted to more modern lines - for instance, a lot of what you may find in a Banana Republic-esque joint. Just like any of the other fabrics we've seen come and go, it ain't wool, but its not polyester!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
CharlestonBows said:
Tencel has actually made a pretty good run in non-athletic clothing over the past few years.
Yes, particularly in women's wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot