Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you, everyone!

Irena

One of the Regulars
I don't know how to phrase this, so bear with me....

I want to thank all of you wonderful people here at the Fedora Lounge for posting without that horrible internet-slang. It is much more enjoyable to read and learn without needing a decoder ring or code book. This thread may die soon, but I want you to know I appreciate the small effort.

Irena

Irena

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
UR so kEwL. Thx for posting dat! ROFLMAO!

And just how did I know that someone would reply like that? Oh, I forget....I have a little bother.

Oh, yes: I really have no idea what you said.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Irena -- I know what you mean. Sometimes it takes me five minutes or so to catch on to the abbreviations, and sometimes I just don't catch on, so miss some of the chat.

Have never gone beyond LOL, myself.

karol

Irena

One of the Regulars
Sefton said:
I'm trying not to help the English language into it's grave too soon.
(I'm using a tea-cup instead of a shovel to bury it!)

Oo, that means you'll need to be digging slower, as you won't want to damage a vintage tea-cup. Here, I'll wash, dry, and polish after each scoop.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
it goes along with the class of people we've got in here..or should I say classy ;) ok, horrible joke....you just can't beat it, great conversations and great people.

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
perhaps you meant to say:
I DONT KNOW HOW 2 PHRAES THIS SO BAR WIT MA..
I1111!11!!!!!1!!1!!!11!!1 WTF WANT 2 THANK AL OF U WONDARFUL PAOPL3 HERE AT TEH F3DORA LOUNG3 FOR POSTNG WITHOUT TAHT HORIBLE INTARNET-SLANG1!1!!! WTF LOL IT IS MUCH MOR3 ENJOYABLE 2 READ AND LEARN WITHOUT NEDNG A DECODER RNG OR COD3 BOK1!11!!!! LOL THIS THREAD MAY DEI SON BUT I WANT U 2 KNOW I APRECIAET DA SMAL 3FORT
IERNA1!!11!1! WTF

from the AOL-er translator
Hilarious that someone made that.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The funny thing is, I didn't even notice the absence of all that juvenile nonsense until you pointed it out. Now that you do, I agree, it is refreshing.

I avoid that junk, even in "chat." Typing "U" instead of "You," for example, only saves two keystrokes and has the added benefit of making the writer look like a complete idiot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace