Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which has better mobility without Bi-Swing Back and Underarm Gussets? Aero Sheene or Aero Board Racer (and BR J100)

mippo

New in Town
I'm thinking of getting one of these leather jackets in the future. I prefer a jacket with good mobility without needing a full bi-swing back and underarm gussets/footballs.

Among these 3 jackets which one would give me the best mobility when I need to reach my arms forward and upward? Would the mobility be as good as a jacket with full bi-swing back and underarm gussets? Is it still comfortable if the mobility is good?

I would appreciate everyone's advice. Thank you.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Would the mobility be as good as a jacket with full bi-swing back and underarm gussets?

This is an obvious no (which I’m sure you know).

That said, the Board Racer pattern, if worn one size up from your chest size, has good mobility due to the high armholes. Better still with bi-swing shoulders, of course.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Boardracer in a softer hide. The Cafe Racer pattern aka the Sheene benefits from a full action back.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@navetsea
I think I mostly understand why higher armholes (up to a certain point) give good mobility, but could you elaborate on the shoulder rotation? Ideally with pictures/examples. I think this topic was touched in the Field Leathers thread as well.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Also if possible maybe someone could post a photo with a short description of each mobility solution? And maybe compare them, pros and cons. Shoulder gussets, full action back, bi swing back, underarm gussets...
Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21