Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gents,

I humbly request the moderators here not to delete my post... I want to take this opportunity to personally thank all my fellow Outerwear subforum members for all the kindness and good wishes you've shown me the past few weeks now in regards to my heart ailments.

The last time I posted on here, it was determined that my heart, after 9 years would not need a pacemaker anymore, but sadly during an exercise treadmill stress test, it was discovered that with enough exercise, my heart does go into what's called "heart block" which is an arhythmia that unfortunately requires me to have a pacemaker.

Therefore I will need a new pacemaker (which will be 9 years more technologically advanced than the one I have now) and will also need to undergo the risky procedure to have the broken pacemaker wire inside me removed and replaced.

The surgery is tomorrow, 12/16/10 at around 9am. If all goes well with no complications then I'll be hospitalized overnight and go home the next day with an arm sling that I can remove on saturday and also not lift my arm on the side closest to the pacemaker over my head for about a month. This will give the pacemaker wires ample time to firmly situate itself inside my vein and not give the uncomfortable "tugging" feeling that one normally experiences when they first receive a pacemaker.

I know I'll survive this procedure, though a part of me is scared. I've learned though from experience as well as from my martial arts training that one can channel their fears in a positive way and use it to give me more courage.

My wife and 6 year old daughter, along with my parents and siblings will all be there by my side. My 6 year old wants to be a heart doctor someday so that she can "take care of daddy's heart"... she will be my pillar of strength. :)

I quote a famous quote from an old movie that I'm sure you're all familiar with... "Chariots of Fire". Towards the end of that beautiful movie, Eric Liddell says, "Where does one find the strength to finish the race? From within..." I've remembered that quote throughout my last couple of open-heart surgeries, and will remember it tomorrow. :)

Again, I want to thank you all for the support you've given me... you all are my family away from home. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Navin

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I'm sure everyone will be thinking of you - me included. I admire you're outlook and I am sure that you'll be back in your jackets in no time. :)

Tito

A-List Customer
2 years ago I had a heart attack and I have 3 stents in coronary arteries....now everything is perfect.:)
Everything will be ok:) ... good luck!!!!!!!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Thank you all so much for your good wishes! I'm so blessed to be your fellow forum member... thank you all! :)

Take care. We expect to see you posting in a day or two. ;)

Thanks, my friend! I do plan on letting everyone here know that I survived (my assumption anyhow), once I'm home from the hospital.

I'm sure everyone will be thinking of you - me included. I admire you're outlook and I am sure that you'll be back in your jackets in no time. :)

Thanks Nicholas! Funny you mention my jackets... ever since my recent heart ailments started, I've found comfort in wearing my Aero NYPD jacket... when I wear it I feel my police chief grandfather's presence... as if he's protecting me somehow. I know it sounds strange, but at the very least it helps me to stay strong. :)

Hmmm... I wonder if my surgeon will let me wear my jacket in the operating room... haha! just kidding :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot