Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Lid Matt.....

Looks good on you too, especially next to red. ;)

I think I could only be convinced to wear a homburg in black. Maybe one of these days I'll come around.

AlanC, I couldn't agree with you more. It's actually the only black hat I own to date. A vintage Black Homburg Brodt's, that I acquired from our very own Dinerman, a very classy hat indeed.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I hope the black hat I'm expecting fits.

Great hat, Matt.

Remember the deep black fedora William Powell wore with dinner suit in Libeled Lady? Trying to find a pic.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have a black fedora that I especially like to wear with my camel hair overcoat.

Edward

Bartender
Zig2k143 said:
Nice hat I tend to like black hats. As you can see in my avator...

I guess I might get along well with the villians. :)

I always loved the villains in the movies - they always have the sharpest tailoring ;) - and I'm a religious boy in real life, so black hats suit me down to the ground, heh. Black goes with just about everything, plus it's slimming.... suits my fat head! :p I'm looking forward to organising myself with a few more fedoras in various olive / brown / grey / navy shades to match different outfits. I'm a real one for colour coordination when I can manage / afford it.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
The shorter brim definitely suits you more than the Indy brims now that your face has slimmed down dramatically. You have a Bogartesque length to it, and those proportions complement you very welll. :eusa_clap

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
black hats

Although black hats are the number one color that we sell, black is still the biggest selling color in the dress market as well. Stetson and Biltmore tell us that this is the number one color sold in all oftheir markets. I am sure that many retailers would agree as well. This was not the case years ago as gray and brown were more important but times have changes.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Hi all! im new to the forum. nice to meet you!

Matt, could you tell me whats the size of your hat brim in cm? Since in japan we use only metrical values, i have no idea about inches, need to learn it:)

thanks

panamag8or

Practically Family
The only thing that bothers me about my black hat is that it seems to attract every speck of light-colored lint and such within a twenty foot radius. I need to find a good, vintage gal that will be willing to carry a travel lint brush in her bag for me.:D

Edward

Bartender
Empyrium said:
Hi all! im new to the forum. nice to meet you!

Matt, could you tell me whats the size of your hat brim in cm? Since in japan we use only metrical values, i have no idea about inches, need to learn it:)

thanks

Rule of thumb: multiply inches by 2.5 to get the equivalent in cm. 1"=25mm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn