Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Count me in as a member of the Black Fedora Rescue League.

What do I care if the doofus media folks think of Abramoff, who, as far as I know, wore the fedora once.

I was considered a member of the mafiosa wearing a pinkish red 2 inch brim fedora and I am also a gal. People who are going to stereotype will do so no matter what you wear.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
I was considered a member of the mafiosa wearing a pinkish red 2 inch brim fedora and I am also a gal. People who are going to stereotype will do so no matter what you wear.

karol

Geez, if they would have said something about the Red Hat Society then it would have at least made sense. :eusa_doh:
Come to think of it, the Black Hat Society sounds pretty good. :p Saving the world one black fedora at a time. ;)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that would be really nice -- I could go to a luncheon of men and women who belong to the Black Hat Society.

When I see those Red Hat gals at luncheons here in Iowa, I want to run up and hug them. Some are wearing fedoras and wide brim hats of all sorts. All red. Well, and some purple.

karol

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Before Neglecting any Black Fedora

Please contact Bud, James or Karol at BR-549​

bfrl.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Black hats are grand.
Knapp
DSCN4160.jpg

Lord&Taylors
DSCN4111.jpg

Royal Stetson
DSCN3537.jpg

I have more just no photos but black will go with anything.

K.D. Lightner said:
Wow, that would be really nice -- I could go to a luncheon of men and women who belong to the Black Hat Society.

When I see those Red Hat gals at luncheons here in Iowa, I want to run up and hug them. Some are wearing fedoras and wide brim hats of all sorts. All red. Well, and some purple.

karol

Wow! Between the three of us we already have an organization, logo and club officers. Coming soon---meetings and fundraisers. ;) :D

Regards,

J

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
sharpetoys and i had this conversation today about a black or dark charcoal fedora....why not ???

I have been wearing a brown or black bomber jacket...I thought a nice black hat similar to the brown Tucker I wear would be nice.

Maybe one day soon you can count me in on the rescue club.....

mark the shoeshine boy

Stoney said:
Consider me a member as well. Black does go with anyything, well maybe except hot pink, but I don't wear hot pink anyway.. so ...what was I saying?

Actually it does go with pink. I wouldn't wear it but it does match well. :p
Black is like white. It goes with everything. :D
Now we need to get the offices down straight. Bud looks like a good secretary. KD can be President or Vice President. Whichever she picks, I'll take the other one. ;)
We need a treasurer and a few other offices.

Regards,

J

I'm joining up

I purchased a black OR from American Vintage last year. Rick Blaine had heard I was looking for one and directed me there. Not to knock the vendor, but it wasn't shipped in a hat box, so it was a little "rumpled" when it arrived. The service was great none the less. 10 minutes of steam restored it's shape just fime. I've worn it with boots and Wranglers, but also on an evening out with me in a suit (go figure). It looked great with my black camel overcoat. I've got a picture of it somewhere around here and will post it when I find it.

Gee, now I'm a member of two clubs.

duggap

Banned
Treasurer?

Hey JP, I am a CPA and have a black hat, if I can help out with the officers. By the way, I have never skimmed more than 10% before. Resume to follow.:p

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
You be president, James, I am too, too lazy to be the Prez.

Maybe I should sign up for the OR society, too, or whatever you folks were calling it. I have a black open road that was restyled from the LBJ look to a fedora. Handsome hat.

Also have a silverbelly Dobbs styled as OR, don't wear it too much since I got a silvermist Manhattan from Art, but that makes two ORs so far. For that matter, how many of us here could also join an Art Fawcett Society, a Fedora fedora Society, and, heaven knows, an Akubra Society?

Think I better stick to the Black Hat Society.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
You be president, James, I am too, too lazy to be the Prez.

Maybe I should sign up for the OR society, too, or whatever you folks were calling it. I have a black open road that was restyled from the LBJ look to a fedora. Handsome hat.

Also have a silverbelly Dobbs styled as OR, don't wear it too much since I got a silvermist Manhattan from Art, but that makes two ORs so far. For that matter, how many of us here could also join an Art Fawcett Society, a Fedora fedora Society, and, heaven knows, an Akubra Society?

Think I better stick to the Black Hat Society.

karol

Ok, I usually end up president of something because no one else wants to be anyway. :p
I think there is an Art Fawcett Hat club here. [huh]
I could probably be a member of all three as well. ;)
All black fedoras are handsome. :D

Regards,

J

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
For you black fedora fans....
Do you know where the Orthodox Jews of Brooklyn get their hats? I did a couple google's, but I'm not real good/patient when it come's to that. Any links would be appreciated!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Ray, I will be looking for more of these. The soft felt and tall crown allows me to put any type of bash I want but I prefer the center crease with a shallow pinch about two inches from the front.

Hondo

One Too Many
It depends how you dress

Wow! those are some great head shots (Douglas, Weegee and the rest of you) It just depends how you wear them, if you got the duds, dress in sytle. You can look awsome
I just keep recalling Ronald Lacey (I) who has since left us, the nazi guy, even as a bad dude he dressed well.

RonaldLacey.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner