Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brass Rooster in Milwaukee

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
So my missus and I were in Milwaukee and found time to stop by The Brass Rooster.

1st let me say that the shop is in one of my old stomping grounds in the Bayview area of Milwaukee. About ten to fifteen years ago this area was really taking a hit and the old Ma and Pa stores were moving out due to some of the bad element that were moving in. But since then there has been a huge movement to make the area what it was. Now the corner cafes and specialty shops have returned, and the area has a feel of new money and progress!

One of the happy new additions to the Bay View area is The Brass Rooster!

Located in the same building as the historic Avalon Movie Theater, The Brass Rooster is a welcome attraction for folks looking for quality hats at affordable prices!

But more than just a simple hat shop, The Brass Rooster is the kind of shop where you can walk in and receive a sincere welcome and you will never feel like you're bothering someone to ask about a hat. No sooner had we walked in than John McLaughlin the co-owner (with wife Kate) had welcomed us and offered a cold drink and made us feel like we were visiting a familiar "hang out" rather than an ordinary store. But more important than any decor or location, I have to say that having met "Brass Rooster John" he's the kind of guy that sincerely loves what he does.

I figure that in itself is why I'm writing this. So that folks might take the time, stop down or even give John a call. Either way it's time well spent, when you swing by The Brass Rooster.

Last edited:

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Here are some pics
DPP_0005.jpg

DPP_0018.jpg

DPP_0012.jpg

DPP_0010.jpg

DPP_0009.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads