Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Al said:
... The Cap Faction.

Just purchased an Ivy Cap. Doria Gruppo Borsalino. Black 80/20 Wool/Kashmire blend. Gold Silk lined with matching 1' stitched grosgrain sweat band. It's a beauty!!, I am sooo pleased with it.

-Al

Well, give us a picture!

Alon

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen, I have enlisted in the ranks of the Cap Faction. I was doing some shopping and couldn't help but buy this cap from Banana Republic for a mere $15.

2187990857_40d9f6cbac.jpg

Now, how can I resist buying a pair of knickerbockers to go along with it?!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Al said:
I would post a picture if I can only figure out how. Any suggestions on how to do this! Thanks
Al, you could post a photo a couple of ways. Many of us post using an image hosting account, such as Photobucket of Flickr. You upload the photo to that site, then copy the image code they provide and paste it in your reply. If you don't have an image hosting account, you can upload them directly by going to the box below the reply box you type a reply in and clicking the "manage attachments" button. This will allow you to upload your photo directly to the Lounge's server. A clickable thumbnail will then appear on your post, allowing anyone to view the picture. I hope this has been of help.

Al

One of the Regulars
KilroyCD said:
Al, you could post a photo a couple of ways. Many of us post using an image hosting account, such as Photobucket of Flickr. You upload the photo to that site, then copy the image code they provide and paste it in your reply. If you don't have an image hosting account, you can upload them directly by going to the box below the reply box you type a reply in and clicking the "manage attachments" button. This will allow you to upload your photo directly to the Lounge's server. A clickable thumbnail will then appear on your post, allowing anyone to view the picture. I hope this has been of help.

Thanks KilroyCD, I'll give it a try each way. Thanks again for the assist.

-Al

Al

One of the Regulars
Alon said:
Gentlemen, I have enlisted in the ranks of the Cap Faction. I was doing some shopping and couldn't help but buy this cap from Banana Republic for a mere $15.

2187990857_40d9f6cbac.jpg

Now, how can I resist buying a pair of knickerbockers to go along with it?!

Nice cap, looks good on you!

Al

One of the Regulars
KilroyCD

Thanks for the image assistance. I'm computer literate, just takes me a little longer to figure things out.

Thanks again.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering since I only have a couple of cheap caps right now and will order a B!Wear soon, what should the inside look like on a quality cap? Mine have a thin lining but nothing resembling any type of sweatband. Is that the norm?

Al

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
I was wondering since I only have a couple of cheap caps right now and will order a B!Wear soon, what should the inside look like on a quality cap? Mine have a thin lining but nothing resembling any type of sweatband. Is that the norm?

Here is a look inside my new Borsalino Ivy. Stitched-in 1" Grosgrain sweatband and fully lined silk inside. I'm new to all this, so, hope this helps.

-Al

silklinerpn1.jpg

borsalinolabelgc1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Al said:
Hey KilroyCD, sorry for the bother, but, now that I have a photobucket account and I'm able to insert an image; how do I get it to display full image size in the message instead of the thumbnail size above
click on the edit option, it will open up and you can pick the size. one of the size options is for message boards.:)

Al

One of the Regulars
Indycop

indycop said:
click on the edit option, it will open up and you can pick the size. one of the size options is for message boards.:)

Hmmm! I'm getting the link, no problem. I want the full size image in the message text like the the single piece eight panel cap photo on the top of this page.

"I've done things wrong before, and I'll do wrong things again" -Al

Thanks, I'll work it out somehow.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Great caps, gents!

I picked this one up last week at Meyer The Hatter in New Orleans. Cavanagh 100% wool for $40. I like it!

1001403pj0.jpg

1001404nq9.jpg

1001405if5.jpg

I just bought one from ukali1066 that I can't wait to get.

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Shandon Newsboy Cap

This is my first non-fedora vintagish hat.

I needed a newsboy for a while, as a borsalino traveler is a bit out of reach, and I need something I feel comfortable slipping into a pocket.

So when it came in the mail today, I really didn't know how I'd look, but once I plopped it on my head, the first thought that came to mind was Why the heck didn't I get one sooner? It's made out of a Donegal tweed blend, and is just what I was looking for in a cap. :D

Comments?

Al

One of the Regulars
DblCoronaMS said:
Great caps, gents!

I picked this one up last week at Meyer The Hatter in New Orleans. Cavanagh 100% wool for $40. I like it!

1001403pj0.jpg

1001404nq9.jpg

1001405if5.jpg

I just bought one from ukali1066 that I can't wait to get.

Now; If I could only figure out how to post fill size images (in the message text, not just a like) like DblCoronaMS above.

-Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred