Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Yep- it's a curling cap. It has a stone and broom patch sewn to the top, with a pin from the defunct waterford Ont. curling club. It was made by Biltmore of Canada some time ago. I don't really know much about the origin, other than that it was worn by a curler some time back, and will continue to be worn by a curler.

That is very cool! And we have learned that the Dman is a Curler as well. Neat. :)

Originally posted by jcw122
Caps can look pretty cool. I have some old ones made in England, not sure of the years.

jcw122, Welcome to the Lounge. If you could post pictures of your caps, we'd be glad to see them. :)

Alon

One of the Regulars
I've looked at the pics of this whole thread and noticed that none of the cap-wearers wear their caps on an angle! How strange! I've never tried a cap on until this morning and the first thing I did, as a long time fedora wearer, was tip the cap on a sharp right angle. Thought it looked great. Have you guys tried it?

Also, I can't help but feel that if I invest in a tweed cap, I need a matching pair of knickerbockers.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked these up yesterday at J Crew, the one on the left is cotton, the right is Irish tweed:

p1011840zd3.jpg

FYI, if J Crew has a few styles on clearance right now for $10-$20/ea. They have some tartan caps, too, and some are not patch. At our local J Crews it's been hard to find the L/XL size, but if you wear their S/M you're set.

Alon

One of the Regulars
Do certain caps have connotations attached to them? For example, those 8 quarter caps with a button remind me of petty hoodlums from the early part of the 20th century - or at least they are usually worn by them in Hollywood flicks. But then, I suppose the same can be said about fedoras.

I'm thinking of getting a cap and looking for something casual yet conservative. Any recommendations?

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Here they are finally

At the beginning of the month I said I'd post some pics of the caps I wear the most. Here they are. First, my genuine Harris Tweed driving cap:
100_0599.jpg

Next, my Scala Irish Tweed eight-panel newsboy cap:
100_0609.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
SinatraStyle said:
Kilroy, I like the color in your Scala. Where did you find it?
SinatraStyle, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you about this, but I got it on eBay. The seller was m33galaxy, and it was only $15.99 (BIN) plus $3.99 shipping.

ukali1066

Practically Family
Some new ebay buys

I've just bought these on ebay, I'll review them when they arrive, all modern Gatsby lookalikes.....and that ISN'T me in the photo ;)

capss.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo