Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

volatile

A-List Customer
n504990081_414543_2036.jpg

I seem to live in this cap...

n504990081_628486_7585.jpg

Another one of my Newsboys - a Goorin Bros repro that's a little too small...

Speedster

Practically Family
Mike1973 said:
Going through some photos from last year, found these gems I thought deserved a spot here...

BoxingDay06116.jpg

BoxingDay06117-1.jpg

Taken on Boxing day last year, at a vintage rally in Wickam Square. I have no idea who this chap was, but loved the way he accessorised his great driving cap!
Small Jack Russell - Check
Irvin flying jacket - Check
Open top Bentley - Check

Fantastic! :eusa_clap

The perfect accessories for your cap. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

snowslider

New in Town
ScionPI2005 said:
I only just within the past year became interested in caps. Since I've been wearing hats, they mainly have been fedoras. Here's a pic taken of me in my first cap-a Bailey a bought on a whim after suddenly realizing how good I look in a cap browsing a store in town.

detective_bw.jpg

oh this one looks so good! i've begiun google searching for other images of it myself.
making the transition to something other than ball caps, and exploring the newsboy right now... i like the more lower profile style, like this one.

Russ

One of the Regulars
I've only got one cap. bought it in the early 80s when I was in college. It's a black Greek Fisherman's cap. Hey, somebody just snickered; okay, I admit I'm not Greek, and not a fisherman. At least the cap was made in Greece. I bought it at a Greek restaurant where the owner wanted to hire me as the manager. It's the only head gear my wife absolutely does not want me to wear when I'm with her. The reason? It suits me TOO well. I guess she means that with my black beard it makes me look like a complete character.

If I remove the braid does it qualify as a generic cap, sort a Fiddler on the Roof sort of thing?

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Got my first B!Wear cap today, but for the life of me I can't track down my digital camera.

Once I find it, I'll post a pic.

I will say that I'm impressed with the quality, fit, and comfort of the cap.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Hat Head said:
Got my first B!Wear cap today, but for the life of me I can't track down my digital camera.

Once I find it, I'll post a pic.

I will say that I'm impressed with the quality, fit, and comfort of the cap.

I'm happy with mine, I might even buy another. There is quite a lot of material in it but it's very well made. I bought another newsboy from Covent Garden Market last week, not so much material, but not so good quality either.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nigel said:
I'm happy with mine, I might even buy another. There is quite a lot of material in it but it's very well made. I bought another newsboy from Covent Garden Market last week, not so much material, but not so good quality either.

I love my B!Wear cap. I also have a tweed Gatsby made by the NY Hat Co. that is terrific for top-down driving.

Day_late

New in Town
First B!Wear Cap...

and first post here. Brett's service was great - I ordered last Tuesday and got the cap in today's mail. It fits well and looks as good as I had hoped.

Regards,
Warren

Day_late

New in Town
Here are a couple pics. This is the B!Wear cap in Navy:
BWearNavy1.jpg

And here's a Hanna cap in blue heather:
HannaBlueHeather2.jpg

The Hanna fits okay, but I've always thought it was too small overall. The B!Wear cap is more what I've been looking for; I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Regards,
Warren

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
After seeing....

After seeing the other gents and a certain young lady, I'm almost reluctant to post my pics. However I've preferred a newsboy cap for years! My 1st was back in 79 which was a hand-me-down from a cousin, followed by similiar one from the same cousin. My 1st cap purchase was a $5 resale special from a shop called "Sweet Doomed Angel" on the east side of Milwaukee, which was eventually nicked by a brother-N-law or just tossed out by herself...?

bum272dpi.jpg

Anyway, for the "Frozen Tundra" that is Wisconsin, here is my current winter favorite!

Canadave

One Too Many
Hat Peeps

They've been oft mentioned before, but not in this thread, I don't think. I have a B!Wear, which undoubtedly is a great cap but I recently received an order from Hat People (www.hatpeople.com), and I have to say I like it better.

David

NB I have no financial interest in Hat People etc. etc.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Do post some pictures of your order from Hat People! I ordered a hat from them last week, and I do believe it has arrived at my other house, so I probably won't see it till maybe Thursday. Curious to know what yours looks like.

Canadave said:
They've been oft mentioned before, but not in this thread, I don't think. I have a B!Wear, which undoubtedly is a great cap but I recently received an order from Hat People (www.hatpeople.com), and I have to say I like it better.

David

NB I have no financial interest in Hat People etc. etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk